586,379 active members*
3,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Omax Charge Pump Pressure Low Issue

Hi all. I've been having an intermittent problem witht my Omax 2652. On some occasions the machine works fine and then on other occasions I get the charge pump pressure low fault not allowing the pump to start. I replaced the pressure switch and it started working, but then stopped working the following day when I turned on the machine. Got a second presssure switch thinking there may have been an issue with the first replacement pressure switch, but the second one did not work. Subsequently put the first switch back in and it started working again. However, it has since stopped working again. Yesterday I tried to run the machine and same error. I let it sif for probably a half your and the pump turned on for about 3 seconds and then shut down and got the charge pump pressure low fault again.

I have replaced the charge pump and there is 130psi on both sides of the prefilter and final filter. There is plenty of water in the white water tank as well.
    Curious if anyone could maybe shed some light on this for me.

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by powerfade View Post
    Hi all. I've been having an intermittent problem witht my Omax 2652. On some occasions the machine works fine and then on other occasions I get the charge pump pressure low fault not allowing the pump to start. I replaced the pressure switch and it started working, but then stopped working the following day when I turned on the machine. Got a second presssure switch thinking there may have been an issue with the first replacement pressure switch, but the second one did not work. Subsequently put the first switch back in and it started working again. However, it has since stopped working again. Yesterday I tried to run the machine and same error. I let it sif for probably a half your and the pump turned on for about 3 seconds and then shut down and got the charge pump pressure low fault again.

I have replaced the charge pump and there is 130psi on both sides of the prefilter and final filter. There is plenty of water in the white water tank as well.
    Curious if anyone could maybe shed some light on this for me.

Thanks so much
    Hi
    Check the pressure readings when you fire the pump through the dump valve, (pump only) do you still hold a steady pressure of 130PSI, or does this drop below 80PSI
    Thanks

Re: Omax Charge Pump Pressure Low Issue

Hi Neil. I really appreciate you getting back to me so quick. I tried to run the test through the test pump only (dump valve open) command and nothing happens. The timer starts and the pressure stay at 130psi on the gauges, but the pump does not turn on at all. I sent you a PM as well, but figured I would put it here as well in case it would help someone else out in the future.

Thanks again Neil