586,103 active members*
3,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > castrol Hysol MB 50 cutting fluid

castrol Hysol MB 50 cutting fluid

Anyone here using Hysol MB 50 . Due to supply issues and pricing I'm looking at alternatives to the hocut 795b I've been using .
    I dealt with a number of staining issues on my aluminum parts in the past until I came across the hocut which is fantastic coolant . Every time I order from my supplier the price keeps going up and my supplier said they keep getting the same complaint as mine , enough so that they are planning to drop carrying that fluid .

Favourites I've used in the past have been discontinued or had formula changes that eventually didn't work fly with my parts . Castrol is one brand I don't recall ever using though they've been around a long time , and the price on the mb50 is pretty inviting as are the specs

Anyhow if anyone is using it then a bit of feedback would be appreciated . Otherwise I'll probably order some anyway to try it out , and if it doesn't work then I'll add it to my never ending supply for my saw . The main concern is staining on aluminum

Re: castrol Hysol MB 50 cutting fluid

We have the mb50 in our shop, have tried to order stock, and have been advised that the mb50 is being discontinued in Oz,

I've been advised that there is a Co that seems to have "cloned" that coolant, but with OH&S, safety sheets (SDS), pricing etc requirements. That option was canned.
    I have used the Hocut 795 before at an aerospace Co, (lots of various metals being cut) didn't stain alum. Properties are similar to the mb50.
    I ordered 20 lts. for the guys to trial after exhausting the mb50 stocks.

Re: castrol Hysol MB 50 cutting fluid

thanks good to hear . I really like the hocut but the supply and price here is less than impressive
    It looks like a supplier here in Canada has the mb50 which shows a lead time of 1-1.5 weeks , so I'm hoping that it isn't being completely discontinued . If it is then I'll have to find out what their next best formula is .
    If I ran mills with big tanks then I'd be buying in drums but a 5 gal lasts me a bit with a lot of topping up with water to keep the concentrate levels in check . The castrol is $150 cheaper for a 5 gal than the hocut and if it behaves the same then I'll be happy