Hello everyone

I've spent some time searching the forums and it looks like there is good info here on the Techno routers. I'm picking up an early 2000s LC 59120 in a few days. It spent it's life cutting plastic and doing some light aluminum work in a local shop I used to work with. They took this machine out of service earlier this year after upgrading to a new machine more suitable for their needs. I'm told it was working fine when taken out of service.

I've only had a few minutes to look it over. Once it's in my shop I'll be cleaning it up, checking for obvious wear, greasing, testing for squareness and backlash etc. Before I dig into it, I'm looking for any tips that could be helpful. Any known mechanical issues or things to look for?

I've not seen it yet, but it sounds like the software it comes with is pretty bad? Depending on how sound it is mechanically, I'll likely want to do an upgrade. Last year I converted an Enco RF30 mill/drill to CNC with hybrid steppers and arduino/grbl, so I'm familiar with retrofits and the software options out there. It appears this machine is equipped with DC servos which I am not familiar with. It looks like the Gecko 320X will drive them with step/direction signals from Mach3/UCCNC/Acorn? Is that all that would need replaced? Is it even worth saving these? I'm tempted to go the stepper route because I've been happy with them on my last build.