586,075 active members*
4,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > Benchman 4000 CNC - Centering Problem

Benchman 4000 CNC - Centering Problem

I have a Light Machines 1997 Benchman 4000 CNC Mill that uses a Windows 98 computer and interfaces through the Benchman software. I recently moved the machine using to another location in our shop and after the move, the machine started giving me an error whenever I opened up the software. The error says the machine needs to be centered before it is able to be used. I'm not sure how to do this since the X,Y,Z axis controls are controlled through the Benchman software itself, and the software will not allow to control the machine because this error message keeps popping up. I've tried to manually move the mill table (X and Y axes), and the spindle up and down (Z axis), still the issue persists and the error message won't go away.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Re: Benchman 4000 CNC - Centering Problem

Quote Originally Posted by dyengoian View Post
    I have a Light Machines 1997 Benchman 4000 CNC Mill that uses a Windows 98 computer and interfaces through the Benchman software. I recently moved the machine using to another location in our shop and after the move, the machine started giving me an error whenever I opened up the software. The error says the machine needs to be HOMED before it is able to be used. I'm not sure how to do this since the X,Y,Z axis controls are controlled through the Benchman software itself, and the software will not allow to control the machine because this error message keeps popping up. I've tried to manually move the mill table (X and Y axes), and the spindle up and down (Z axis), still the issue persists and the error message won't go away.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!
    Apologies, it is not a "centering" problem, it is a "homing" problem. I mislabeled the error. The error message is saying the machine must be homed first, and I have no way of homing it, even after trying to do so manually.

Re: Benchman 4000 CNC - Centering Problem

See this related thread for more on the "homing" issue: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-m...-software.html

I have closed this thread to avoid possible duplicate replies.