586,103 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Ruida Controller problem (This one's different)!

Exclamation Ruida Controller problem (This one's different)!

I have a 1300x900 mm 150-watt laser. It is six years old and a while ago it had a fit; the X axis started going very wrong, what I mean by that is when switched on, instead of zeroing out (Y axis is fine), the X axis would go in the wrong direction then reverse, reverse again and make a horrible noise, sometimes it would get to X zero but then not be able to find exact zero, it would keep moving a little backward and forward unless I helped it with my finger, on finding exact zero, it would then try to go to the last programmed start point and fail, as the X-axis would be going in two directions, no, not at the same time.
    As it was the X axis, I switched the micro stepper drivers (X for Y) the problem transferred to the Y axis so I replaced the X axis MS driver but it didn't fix anything. I then called a source for help and I ended up buying a new Ruida controller RDC6442s-B same as the original, complete with an interface screen. Still didn't fix anything. I was told to reset to factory defaults but as it was a brand-new master controller, I didn't see how it would help, but I decided to try it anyway. I wrote to Ruida as none of the passwords I had or found would work, they sent me several which didn't work. Eventually one did work, so I reset to factory defaults... It didn't change anything. I thought it might be the stepper motor itself but if it was, the problem it wouldn't transfer to the Y-axis, would it?
    Below is a link to a video on YouTube showing what happens when I turn the machine on. If anyone can help please, I am at my wits end and I haven't been able to produce anything for quite a while now. I will be very grateful for any assistance and suggestions.

https://youtu.be/PQhsXDcZ3yw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser control panels.jpg