OK. I think I have made a too fast decision, but it already happen, so...

In May last year I was diagnosed with melanoma cancer. The day I have got the diagnosis I have bought more wood and ordered a Compact Line 0604 CNC machine kit from Sorotec. I felt, that if I want to change my technology I have to do it now. I was planning that for quite some time and my health was a kick in my axx. I am an archtop guitar builder and wanted to streamline some of my work improving repeatability of some parts, mainly made of wood and brass. I do design in 3D, but until now I made all of my parts by hand and never used cnc directly. 3D design allows me to design avoiding conflicts and making design changes without losing broad picture. I have used before third party cnc services to make parts and forms from my 3D models.

Over the last few months, whenever my treatment allowed me, I have assembled the electronics and mechanical part of the machine. The cnc board is EdingCNC 720. I can now home the machine and move all the axes through joging by keyboard or wireless pendant. But the problem is I am new to cnc and there is very little information for beginner related to EdingCNC. I do receive some help from Sorotec, but they have a lot of info in German and this is not my even fourth language. Additionally they normally have customers who do not buy their machine as a first cnc ever. I should probably take more time to chose more popular machine, but I explained above that my decision was quite instant and compulsive.

So my kind request to you is: Can you, please, recommend some resources explaining the basics of cnc machining from the moment there is an existing G-code. I am lost at the EdingCNC software. I understand that most of the machine software is similar, or at least is doing the same things, so I can be maybe learn from other software with more online support/tutorials and then find my way in EdingCNC? I do not even understand how I make an offset in EdingCNC; when loading sample files it is shown outside the working area...
The resources I find are not for the beginners and this is what I miss.

I use Ansys Spaceclaim for direct 3D modelling, but due to licensing and need for CAM I am at the process of changing to Fusion360 (got a license already). There is a lot of Fusion 360 CAM tutorials, so I think this is not going to be a problem - I am a fast learner. All scdoc component files of my guitars are translated to STEP and in the future I will make further redesigns already in Fusion.

Thanks in advance!
Krzysztof
Blue Arch Guitars
www.bluearchguitars.com