586,104 active members*
3,252 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco VMX50. Problem after disk repair

Hurco VMX50. Problem after disk repair

Good day.
    I have a VMX50 machine and it had a problem with the hard drive. After repairing and restoring the system from a backup, problems arose.
    An error occurred during the first boot: configuration not found. I loaded the configuration from an existing floppy disk, after which the system booted. But almost all the buttons on the control panel do not work. At the same time, on the Kanbas board, when these buttons are pressed, a green LED lights up, indicating data transfer. Only the keyboard buttons work.
    While researching the problem, I discovered two config folders on drive C:. Removing one of them again results in a missing configuration error. After booting from the floppy disk, the second folder appears again.
    To what extent can this be related?
    Ultimax 4 system, version 2.37
    Also during diagnostics and repairs the following operations were performed:
    1. The processor board was removed and the BIOS battery was replaced. Bios has been reset.
    2. The video card board was removed. The cooler did not work on it, it was repaired.
    3. CANBUS was removed. But no problems were found there.
    To perform all this diagnostics, the computer was removed from the machine.
    Is it possible that I did something else wrong during or after the diagnosis?
    Please help.

Re: Hurco VMX50. Problem after disk repair

Is it possible that the problem is that I reset the BIOS settings?
    I found a description of CANBUS here: https://www.maschinfo.de/Hurco-CAN-B..._x_tr_pto=wapp
    According to this information, ISA works on IRQ9 at address 0xD4000. These parameters probably need to be set in the BIOS?

double post deleted

...If, the Time/Date is Jan 1st in bios then, all settings were lost so, you have to reset Time/Date and do a AutoDetect to find HDD to boot from in BIOS.

DJ

Today there are some improvements.
    I found a working WD 80GB IDE hard drive. I connected it instead of my native one (it was 40 GB). I deployed a backup onto it and launched it. As a result, the problem with the two c:\config folders no longer occurred. The computer starts up normally, but the control panel still doesn't work.
    Then I was able to discover the following. Sequencing:
    1. Press the Emergency stop button.
    2. I release this button.
    3. I reset errors with the F7 button
    4. Turn on the power with the Power On Button
    At this moment, I have the manual mode menu on the screen. But the manual mode indicator does not light up. Now only the F1, F2 and F7 buttons work. I can, for example, go into F2 Manual Function Setup and turn on the lighting, or the coolant, or the conveyor.
    Next I do the following:
    1. Press the F1 Tool in spindel button
    2. Press the F7 ATC Diagnostic button
    3. I go out back F8
    As a result, the manual mode indicator lights up. Now I'm completely in manual mode. Pressing Start Cycle starts the drives. Machine calibration is available and in progress. Warm-up mode is available and running successfully. All buttons F1-F8 work. But still none of the buttons on the control panel work. Remote Jog Unit buttons do not work.
    To be precise, the computer does not respond to button presses. On the CUNBUS 415-0605-003 board itself, the LED flashes when the buttons are pressed. That is, he sees the buttons. But for some reason the signal does not go further.
    Tell me what could be the problem? What to do?

The problem is for sure with bios settings, every time you replace the bios battery the bios setting go to default. You have to check and adjust the settings in bios to make work.
    But to do so you need to know the following(because the bios parameters are different for diferrent configurations):
    - which cpu board your machine has (Peak635, Peak715, Peak777, ect.)
    - which motion card your machine has (Matrix4 board or Octavia board)
    - Software version (example V2.36)
    After that you can adjust the bios with the document you got with your machine, but there is only one problem. When you replace the hard drive you lose all activated options for your machine (if You use some software to make g-code for your machine that is not a problem), but if You use some previously activated options like DXF option, you will not be able to use it unless you activate it first.