586,096 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Broken Fanuc O-MD

I've got a 2002 Fanuc O-MD on a Chevalier 3 axis mill. i was installing a tool length setter and had just finished identfying the wires by checking that the Honda plugs were wired as per the manual. I then plugged the Honda plug back in on both ends and started the machine. it started up and has no alarms, however the control panel is lit up on the control button lights and none of the buttons do anything. The control is stuck in MDI and you can type Gcode from the keypad but it won't execute any of it. I have replaced the I/O E1-E3 board and unless it is broken in exactly the same way, it's not the problem. Any insight into what may be the problem would be great.

Re: Broken Fanuc O-MD

First of all say to us if you use the X8.7 or X8.6 signal as skip signal or what wires did you identify and use
    Also if you have the diagram from electric book with the page of skip signal please show us
    i am guessing the cnc is tuck in MDI mode becasue of a signal that saty on all the time
    Look in the diagnose on number 122 and check if the first 3 bits are changing when you change the mode(MD4,MD2,MD0)
    DGN 0122
    #7 #6 #5 #4 #3 #2 #1 #0
    X X X X X MD4 MD2 MD1

Manual operation (JOG) mode 1 0 1
    Manual handle (MPG) mode 1 0 0
    Manual data input (MDI) mode 0 0 0
    Automatic operation (Memory) mode 0 0 1
    EDIT (Memory edit) mode 0 1 1

Thanks

Re: Broken Fanuc O-MD

I actually didn't connect to anything. I only verified the wires were there and in the right spot in the plug. I was planning to use X8.3 to install the tool setter, I havent actually done any thing to connect. Essentially, I unplugged the m218 plug from both ends probed 3 wires (X8.0 X8.2 and X8.2) plugged them back in and the control panel was lit up on most of the control buttons and it wouldnt do anything. I'm at a complete loss. DGN 0122 reads 0 0 0 regardless of the switch position. I've gone through the diagnosis flowchart it acts as if all the buttons lit are being pressed all at once. I've looked at length and haven't found anything like it with the control lights all lit up.