586,111 active members*
3,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Compatibility of C5 ballscrew/nut/mounting components from different sources

Compatibility of C5 ballscrew/nut/mounting components from different sources

I am going to be making a new Z axis assembly for my current CNC router, and am currently researching sources for the various linear motion components - I live in Canada.
    I have a few Ebay machine parts suppliers whose stores I frequent in hopes of finding appropriately sized C5 ballscrew and nut assemblies - I am looking mainly for NNB and similar, but will consider used.
    Some come preassembled with the C5 mounting blocks (i.e., BK/BF end supports) and some do not (I am also looking for linear rails/guides, but my question is more WRT ballscew components).

My main question is...

if I can't find a complete assembly that meets my needs, is there a problem with compatibility/'fit' of C5 components if I purchase them separately and potentially from different sources?

For example, if I buy a NNB THK 1605 C5 ballscrew/nut from an Ebay store, buy a C5 ballscew end support from BSTMotion, and a C5 motor bracket ballscrew housing with angular contact bearings from SYK?
    NOTE: the ballscrew supports would all be the correct size version for the diameter ballscrew I end up purchasing.

On a related note, if there are others (Canadian or otherwise) who have had good experiences with various suppliers/sources of components I would appreciate hearing about them.

I am currently looking at Ebay - IndustrialPartsShop, and AliExpress - BTS and DTK stores
    Voltatek in Canada has stopped responding to my repeated emails requesting a quote

Thank you,

Tom

Re: Compatibility of C5 ballscrew/nut/mounting components from different sources

Hi,
    there is a sort of industry wide standard for bearing supports, BK or BF are two common ones. A BK15 has 15mm internal bore. Officially they should all have matched angular contact bearings,
    but the cheaper ones will probably not have P4, nor matched, and some Chinese made junk claim angular contact bearing but fit deep groove ball bearings.

I have had repeated purchases from this company. Second hand and new old stock C5's and C3's for a little more than new C7's. Always they have been fairly represented.

https://www.ebay.com/str/industrialp....m47492.l74602

Craig

Re: Compatibility of C5 ballscrew/nut/mounting components from different sources

Thank you for the reply and information.
    I regularly read the new discussions on this forum, and have for a long time now. In following your build over time, it was some of your purchases that got me looking at the linked company (see my original post), and I am checking in frequently to see if anything comes up for my Z assembly.

There are some used assemblies that have everything including rails and guides, https://www.ebay.com/itm/22383419382...8AAOSwKlxeEXl0 but I am still holding out for new stock if possible. I am eager to start however, which is the reason for my question regarding compatibility from a variety of sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the reply and information.
    I regularly read the new discussions on this forum, and have for a long time now. In following your build over time, it was some of your purchases that got me looking at the linked company (see my original post), and I am checking in frequently to see if anything comes up for my Z assembly.

There are some used assemblies that have everything including rails and guides, https://www.ebay.com/itm/223834193822?hash=item341d8ebf9e:g:928AAOSwKlxeEXl 0 but I am still holding out for new stock if possible. I am eager to start however, which is the reason for my question regarding compatibility from a variety of sources.