586,094 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > Using NPN Proximity sensors on Extin/out expansion board as limit switches

Exclamation Using NPN Proximity sensors on Extin/out expansion board as limit switches

Hi Everyone,
    I have a Mk3/4 and Extinout expansion board with NPN proximity sensors connected to extin ports. Everythings works perfectly, now I need to use the extin1/2/3 as limit switches, but it's not possibile to select it in the settings menu.

Is there a workaround for this, or I need to request a new feature of TNG V2?

Same problem with the extout: I have coolant and mist pumps connected to the relays, they work only when I select the extout channel, but I can't assign them to mist and coolant in settings. Any way to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Using NPN Proximity sensors on Extin/out expansion board as limit switches

Anyone? Can I use this board (https://www.amazon.it/Isolamento-Del...61119b38b50b25) to connect the NPN proximity sensors (powered @12V) with the input on the mk3/4?

Ok, I have solced the proximity switch problem, bought PNP sensors and will use the optoiso3/4 adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDanger View Post
    Same problem with the extout: I have coolant and mist pumps connected to the relays, they work only when I select the extout channel, but I can't assign them to mist and coolant in settings. Any way to do this?
    Any help with this? This should be done straight from TNG, simply let mist and coolant output be ext board output channel. What is preventing this to be done?

limit, spindle, mist and flood are fast input/outputs capable of IO operation in single step time. This means they are capable to be perfectly synchronized with machine motion.
    ExtOut is external periphery and is not capable of such speeds. Therefore you can not use it for fast operations.

If you want to use it still use it for flood, mist,... you can create M7, M8 and M9 scripts.

Mk3 controller has 8 fast output pins. This is more than enough for every fast feature that needs it. Other periphery that does not require fast speed can use ExtOut board.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    If you want to use it still use it for flood, mist,... you can create M7, M8 and M9 scripts.
    Or you can just make it usable on exout board: they are not fast operations, mist and flood can have delay of seconds and still be perfectly acceptable.
    I have bought the extout board for this and now I discover it can't be used simply because of a software limit. Please can you solve this and make extout ports selectable as mist and flood? Please, just do it for your customers, I have another cnc to build and will buy more things from your shop... Thanks!

But you can use ExtOut for mist, flood and spindle on/off.
    Edit M7, M8 and M9 scripts and use M64 g-code in there.
    https://cnc.zone/gcode/mcodes/mcode-m64
    https://cnc.zone/kb/tutorials/easy/h...n_script_files
    You can make any functionality you want this way, Using ExtOut for mist and flood is one of most simple case.
    But even complex stuff is possible with just little effort:
    https://cnc.zone/kb/tutorials/expert...maphore_lights