586,094 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

Hello all.

I purchased a Hardinge CHNC II from a local auction about a year ago, got it set and wired up and it powered up and ran fine.

It has sat for about a year without being touched. This past weekend I fired it up, and I keep getting this alarm message: 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

After some investigating (removing covers, etc...) I noticed when jogging the x-axis, it stutters, and I believe this is what is tripping the alarm, something mechanical.

I have topped all of the oil reservoirs off, removed the bellows on the back, and the ballscrew is shiny and oily from what I can tell.

When moving the x-axis on the forward side with an allen wrench in the end of the ballscrew shaft, I feel some resistance and what feels like 'steps', could be the cog belt.

I am a little gun shy about pulling the servo/belt to see if the isolated ballscrew still hesitates.

I have researched this website and other forums and have found myself stumped.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any ideas?

I am more than happy to let a professional look into this issue. Any recommendations for machine tool repair in the Kansas City area?

Thanks in advance.

Travis Deason

Re: Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

have you turned the axis to its full extents? I would suspect if a belt was bad there may be areas where it is worse. I think you can see the belt by removing the cover on the rear.
    I believe you have dc motors - you could use a 12vdc power supply to move the motor - you would have to find the location where the wires are terminated -it should be a terminal block, and fairly large wire 8-10 ga...if electrickery is not your thing I would advise caution