586,103 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > Adding reverse using UCCNC and CNC4PC C76 card

Adding reverse using UCCNC and CNC4PC C76 card

I posted this on the CNC4PC page here but that gets so little activity I figured I best post it here as well.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

I need to add a spindle REVERSE feature to my C76 with UCCNC setup.

I currently have my C76 to VFD wired as follows: RELAY 1 input terminal on the C76 board is going to DCM on the VFD and RELAY 1 NO is going to FWD on the frequency drive. This works as it should for forward spindle rotation with an M3 command.

In order to use the REVERSE function for the spindle I need to go from the C76 board to the REV terminal on the VFD. Question is though how to wire this. I think I do this as follows:

* At the VFD go from the REV terminal to the C76 Relay 2 NO terminal with a 2nd wire on the VFD DCM terminal going to Relay 2 input?
    * Or............... do as above but no need to run a 2nd DCM wire as I can just jump the exixting DCM wire from the input on Relay 1 to the input Relay 2.

* Then an M3 command will give me FORWARD spindle rotation and an M4 command will give me REVERSE spindle rotation. M5 will stop either one of them.

Question #1: Can someone confirm this is correct for me?

Question #2: Once wired will UCCNC execute the M4 command by default or do I need to adjust some software outputs?

Thanks,
    BH

Re: Adding reverse using UCCNC and CNC4PC C76 card

Here is how this works:
    1. Your VFD is expecting FOR and REV signals, so make sure the jumpers on the C76 are set to US Mode.
    2. Verify that when you call M3 Relay1 activates and when you call M4 Relay2 activates. This confirms that your configuration in UCCNC is OK.
    3. DCM goes to the common or the terminal labeled V_IN of both relays.
    4. The NO contact of Relay1 should go to FOR and the NO contact of Relay2 should go to REV. This wiring diagram will explain it better: https://cnc4pc.com/blog/post/c76-huanyang-vfd-setup

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Thank you Arturo. As I thought. Much appreciated.

Okay..........headway but I have a problem.

Entering an M3 activated Relay #1 and the spindle runs CW as it should.

However entering M4 activates BOTH Relay #1 and Relay #2. This is confirmed by a continuity test on the relays and the DIAGNOSTICS page of UCCNC. If I disconnect the output from Relay #1 going to the FWD terminal on the VFD then I can get CCW rotation so I know it works. I just have some sort of pin output misconfiguration causing both Relay #1 and Relay #2 to activate with an M4 command.

On the DIAGNOSTICS page an M4 results in pin 1,14 lighting up and 1,16 intermittently blinking.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	500858

So somewhere I have some pin out set wrong but am not sure where to look. Below is a screen shot of my SPINDLE outputs setup page.

I believe this problem stems from several years ago when I used Relay #2 to start my dust collector and hold down system when the spindle starts. However it's been so long I don't know what I set up to accomplish that. The hold down and dust collector have long since been moved to another output on the C76 but I apparently never reset Relay #2 to the original settings.

Thanks for the help.
    BH