586,077 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC4PC C76 Relay #1 & Relay #2 glitch

I have this posted at the end of a related thread but figured I'd post it as a new question here.

I'm working on getting spindle reverse rotation working on UCCNC with a C76 control board. Up until now I've only used forward rotation with an M3 command. Now I'm adding a wire between Relay #2 and my VFD so I can use an M4 command for reverse rotation.

What I've discovered is that an M3 command is activating Relay #1 as it should. However an M4 command is activating BOTH Relay #1 and Relay #2.

Image below is of my SPINDLE settings in UCCNC.

It would seem that if this were a physical switch on the C76 board that was linking the two relays the issue would occur on both an M3 and M4 command. So I don't think that is the case. What I think is that somehow I've got the 1,16 pin output used twice but I've not been able to find it. Or somehow the M4 command is coded to activate both 1,14 and 1,16 but I can't figure out where to look to see if that is the case. The M4 text macro is nothing more then the

exec.DospinCCW();

command.

If .......exec.DospinCCW(); ........is somehow compromised with a pin 1,14 added in I don't know how to edit it, if even possible.

When I issue an M4 command the DIAGNOSTICS screen shows 1,16 lit green and 1,14 at an intermittent blink. An M3 only lights up 1,14 and an M5 turns off both 1,14 and 1,16 as they should.

Attachment 500876

Note that if I disconnect the wire from Relay #1 to the FWD terminal on the VFD then I do get reverse rotation on an M4. So I think I could get around this problem by programming another relay to interrupt the Relay #1 wire before it gets to the VFD so only the Relay #2 signal gets there on an M4 but that's more of a hack than a legitimate fix.

Thanks for the help,
    BH

Re: CNC4PC C76 Relay #1 & Relay #2 glitch

From what you are saying, I see that you have the jumpers set to operate the spindle on international mode. Check the jumpers and move them to US Mode. Note that on international mode relay1 is on/off and relay2 is direction. That is why you are seeing both relays activating.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Arturo,

I've been away but am back home now. I thought I had it on US setting but will double check in the AM. I'll report back.
    Much appreciated.
    Bernie

Arturo,

There are two jumpers at the USA / Intl location. I have the top one on USA and the bottom one on INTL. Should they both be on USA in order for the 2 relays to work independently on an M4?

Bernie

Arturo,

I gave it a try and moved the 2nd jumper over to USA. THAT DID THE TRICK. Thank you !!

Question: is there anything else this change might affect? Something I should keep an eye out for as I run UCCNC that might work differently due to changing that jumper? Again, the upper of the two jumpers was already on USA and I moved the lower of the two from INTL to USA. Upper and lower refer to the jumper locations when the text/words on the UC300ETH are upright so they can be easily read.

Thanks,
    Bernie

Arturo,

Please reply. Are the TWO jumpers for USA or INTL only for Relay 1 and Relay 2 ? Or do they affect some other feature on the UC300ETH as well ?

Bernie