586,111 active members*
3,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > New V12 SQL Tool Database

New V12 SQL Tool Database

Is anyone using the new SQL ToolStore?

Did you have any problem converting your TStore from V11 to V12?

During the conversion process it gave some cryptic error message about a missing corner radius. At this point I'm not sure if it converted the entire tool library or if I'm missing data.

I spent a lot of time refining my TStore to add 1/64 drill sizes, get the right gage lengths for machine simulations and I would hate to loose that information. It's to difficult to put in.

I wish there was a Text Export of the TStore data. It would be easier to edit the TStore in an ASCII format and then Import it back into the TStore. It would be easier to modify if I could "Find and Replace" or "cut and paste" tools between different libraries.

I wish there was some way I could grab tools from one TStore and copy them to another TStore.

But there's a lot of things I'd like to see changed about how they handle tools. Automatic tool numbering would be a good start.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

OK. So no one has V12 yet but me.

I was able to fix my problem by opening up my TStore in another V11.5 system (thank God I had another system to do that with) and I searched for anything with a "radius" field. I did find a radius listed as some crazy exponent number. I deleted that value and then it converted.

Now I have a new set of problems with the new TStore. I cant select the different SQL libraries. When I hit "Browse" nothing is displayed.

I dont understand the reason for changing the TStore data format. There's about 1/2 dozen things they could have done to improve the Edgecam Tooling functions. They didn't do any of those things.

- ASCII Import/Export of the tool data.
    - "Cut" tools from one library and "Paste" them into another tool library.
    - Re-Selecting a tool when doing an Operation (Show a list of currently used tools).
    - Automatically assign a tool number, to a selected tool.
    - When picking a tool, a button to turn off all the tool types you dont want, so you can pick the type you do want (i.e. a "NONE" button to un-select flat, bull, ball, face mills). When you want ball mills you would hit "None" then press the "Ball Mill" icon.
    - When a tool does not exist in you library, it should offer you the next largest and next smallest tools as an option. If the solid model has a hole that is .7894 dia. and your library has a .789 dia drill, I dont want to "Create a new tool" for this hole. But I also dont want to spend time searching for the tool I already have.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Hi Mike.
    I have installed it, but not yet found any problems.

I DONT HAVE V12 YET ...BUT I MAKE IT A POINT TO ALWAYS BACKUP ALL INFO (MACHDEF TOOLSTORE PCI ETC.) PER THE VERSION I AM USEING..... WHAT IS SQL TOOLSTORE.
    I AGREE ... I WISH YOU COULD COPY AND PASTE EACH TOOL FROM ANY TOOLSTORE
    DONT MIND MY SPELLING ... IM JUST A MASHINIST

I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THIS SQL SERVER DEAL.... I BACKED UP THE DATABASES I USE BEFORE CHANGING TO 12.5... IT SEEMS LIKE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRANSFER FROM ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER. ON THE NEW VERSION (12.5) I WENT TO CREATE A DATABASE FROM BACKUP... AND IT WORKED ...BUT I CANT CHANGE TO THAT DATABASE.... IT APPEARS AS DATABASE BUT T DOSNT SHOWUP IN THE 'CHANGE' MENU.
    WHAT AM I DOING WRONG...

I HATE THE FACT THAT THEY EVEN CHANGED IT... IT DOSNT SEEM TO DO ANYTHING DIFFERANT ...AT ALL!!

I FIGURED IT OUT... MY WINDOWS PRO (64BIT)..WAS MISSING A WINDOWS UPDATE...