586,106 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Good experience with Ebay store for those looking for linear motion components

Good experience with Ebay store for those looking for linear motion components

I recently decided on a design I want to use for a new Z axis assembly for my hobby CNC router.

As a regular reader of the forums, I have always enjoyed discussions related to DIY machine builds, including where to source components.

I wanted to share that I just received a THK NNB C5 ground ball screw and a used IKO 20 mm 2R4B set of rails and guides, and was very pleased. I am sharing this brief review as I had never purchased from a large parts reseller on Ebay before.

I purchased from dy-global (https://www.ebay.ca/str/industrialpartsshop), after learning about the store in forum discussions - thank you @joeaverage et al. , and the experience was excellent.

I had spent a long time visiting the store over the last few months waiting for components that would work with, and suite, my application. During that time I asked the seller many questions about various items of interest. Even with the time difference to Canada I got replies within a day, and answers were always informative. I was even more impressed that there was never any attempt made to mislead or give an answer that perhaps I wanted to hear. It helps as well that there is a great effort made on the webpage to give honest and accurate descriptions- through text and photos - of the items being sold.

My items had free shipping - I ordered them and made my PayPal payment 6AM January 30th, and received them from FedEx yesterday, 1PM Feb. 1st.
    The packaging was excellent, and the items arrived without damage, and exactly as described.

My other components I ordered new directly from SYK in Taiwan - they should arrive by FedEx next week.
    My experience with them and my sales contact there has been equally positive, with communications being fast and helpful.

I hope this information is of interest and help to others looking to confirm a source for good quality components at reasonable cost for their machine builds.

Tom

Re: Good experience with Ebay store for those looking for linear motion components

Hi,
    that has been exactly my experience with that seller also. I've made repeat purchases from him. Always exactly as described.

Craig