586,075 active members*
4,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > looking for some assistance with a stepper motor project ( Screw driver )

looking for some assistance with a stepper motor project ( Screw driver )

Hi everyoone,

I am new to the CNC world. I am building a screw driver application that is required for a part of wheel assembly we are doing. I am not sure where I can find this help.

I have a steeping motor mounted with a handle and a custom made chuck. This chuck need to turn a certain amount at a desired speed stop and then repeat. This will be controlled by pedal activation. The program I loaded is Drufelcnc. The communication works but it requires G Code to fuction. I have done some reading on Gcode but not sure how to mange this in the software or write it for this purpose

The process ( Chuck interface must start and stop at an exact location ) and reapeat with the pedal activation.

Stepping motor: Nema 17 1.2A 17CA02A-120
    Driver: DM556
    Motion controler: Breakoutboard Mach 3
    Pedal: Foot pedal
    Software: Drufelcnc

Thanks for any assistance and guidance as to where this information can be found

Re: looking for some assistance with a stepper motor project ( Screw driver )

I'd never heard of DrufelCNC, but according to the site. it seems like it takes regular G-code. https://drufelcnc.com/?c=gcode To set the units to mm, give it an initial G21 command. To make it go along the X axis to a particular location at a certain speed, you'd give it a directional command like G01 X2.35 F200. But making it respond to a foot pedal will take some electronic assembly and integration at your end. I suppose if worse came to worse, you could rig your pedal to tap a key on a joystick: https://drufelcnc.com/?c=manual&p=m21
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: looking for some assistance with a stepper motor project ( Screw driver )

Hi North - The pedal is required when you are using your hands to do the work. Your using DrufelCNC controller, just use cycle start on the screen. Peter