I have built a CNC router / mill as a test bed to start and develop a special purpose machine. I chose Eding CNC as a control supplier and picked the 310 starter board. I am not new to machine building and have a mechanical background with some panel wiring experience.

My issue is that I have the machine powered up - I have all the drives woring - I can get them to jog and have all configured to home (in the correct direction) but I have fallen at the most basic hurdle - the home switch and the more I look the more confused I am.

The 310 is mounted on the 'breakout board' and at 'H1' I have simply fitted a micro switch across the + / -. But it doesn't work in any of the soft configurable options. I see a mention in the manual that it is a 'digital input'?. The diagram in the 310 hardware manual shows the switch between ground and the input (single input?, if that is + then what if anything goes in the - terminal?)

Now I could just go with software limits for home but I have many years of experience that tells me to do it properly. To that end a proper ES relay will be fitted to isolate drives / spindle.

Any help appreciated. Eding have made it clear that they don't help at this level...

Thanks,

Dave4J