586,103 active members*
3,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Reduce spindle acceleration/deceleration rates on OSP300 - M560

Reduce spindle acceleration/deceleration rates on OSP300 - M560

Does anybody know of a way to reduce the spindle acceleration/deceleration rates on M560v - OSP300 control?
    IronMan CNC Router 24"x36"x6" -- http://www.blurrycustoms.com/

Re: Reduce spindle acceleration/deceleration rates on OSP300 - M560

The simpliest way is multiple lines changing spindle speed.
    instead of S8000
    use
    S80M3
    S100
    S120
    S140

and so on ...

Re: Reduce spindle acceleration/deceleration rates on OSP300 - M560

hello blurrycustoms

i have recently delivered a code for custom spindle acceleration, smooth little variable steps, sinusoidal jerk, data log, and single-block ignore

default acceleration rate is too high, and it was needed to clamp heavy parts, like 1000, 1500 kg, etc

if you wish, check attached progress : is not a must to read them thgough, i only shared to highlight that research had been done, and fully tested

please feel free to ask anything

i can help with code, posprocess automatization ( regardless of cam software ), implementation, etc there are 5 inputs for the code are : target rpm, gear, direction, delay(droop), and maximum step, but those can be shortened to one single input (like only target rpm ), by placing all other variables "under-the-hood"

The simpliest way is multiple lines changing spindle speed.
    instead of S8000
    use
    S80M3
    S100
    S120
    S140

and so on
    such code creates shocks, is not smooth, and steps have to be adjusted, because going from 200 to 300 is different than from 7000 to 7100, from machine behaviour, even if step is the same ( 100rpm ); so such a thing can be considered, and i have controlled it, because it was requested / kindly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rvs 02.jpg   rvs 03.jpg   rvs 04.jpg   rvs 05.jpg  

Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg