586,567 active members*
3,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Is there a single-line, connected-text font in SHX,SHP,LFF format?

Threaded View

Is there a single-line, connected-text font in SHX,SHP,LFF format?

Hello,

I have found an enormous amount of posts on single-line fonts for CNC and how to get free SHX fonts for AdobeCAD, etc. But I am having a really hard time finding a single-line connected-text font that comes in a CNC friendly format, like SHX, SHP, or LLF. I would also be fine if it was in DXF paths.

What I need is to make a single pathway for my text, one single line, starting left, going right, and connected so that the single line is drawn without lifting the bit.

This single-line (ish) connected-text font is best exemplified by a font I found on FontSpace called I am oneline with U I have attached a sample image of this font to show how it's single-line and connected.

Sadly, this font is only available in TTF or OTF formats which always come as closed shapes on a plane. They are not truly single line. So converting to SHX or what I originally tried to do which was convert to DXF using Python's ezdxf text2path add on, I always get a single-line outline of the text, not a single-line left to right. So effectively all the lines are doubled up, inside and outside.

Is there anyway to convert the above font to a truly single-line font, or does anyone know of a single-line *and* connected-text font that works this way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails text-1707171508568.png