586,076 active members*
3,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Reliable CNC Electronics Parts Supplier

Reliable CNC Electronics Parts Supplier

For my new tabletop cnc I’m looking for a new non USA supplier for 4 stepper motors, controllers, BOB etc. package. Why non USA? The shipping cost from USA to Canada has increased tremendously like last year I was looking for a simple mercury switch and a USA supplier had what I wanted at $6.00 but the shipping was $47.00!!! so I bought one from China for $9.00 shipping included. Please share your shopping experience if you were happy with a supplier including service.
    Thanks
    Nicolas

Re: Reliable CNC Electronics Parts Supplier

For general Electro-Mechanical parts there is Misumi.
    Other electronic parts I mainly use Digikey, they have a flat shipping rate of $8.00 or free over $100.00, customs paid.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi,
    for electronic parts I use Element14, also called Farnell in the UK and Newark in the US. Over $50 is freight free. Huge range of stuff.

Element14 like DigiKey, which I also use, tend to be expensive for steppers and that sort of thing. For that sort of stuff you need to go to either the manufacturer or their distributor
    to get the best range and price......and that pretty much means China.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    For general Electro-Mechanical parts there is Misumi.
    Other electronic parts I mainly use Digikey, they have a flat shipping rate of $8.00 or free over $100.00, customs paid.
    Thank you Al, I was looking more for vendors who supply complete cnc package electronics like stepper motors, drivers, Breakout boards etc.I know about Digikey and have purchased from them in the past.
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi, for electronic parts I use Element14, also called Farnell in the UK and Newark in the US. Over $50 is freight free. Huge range of stuff. Element14 like DigiKey, which I also use, tend to be expensive for steppers and that sort of thing. For that sort of stuff you need to go to either the manufacturer or their distributor
    to get the best range and price......and that pretty much means China. Craig
    Thanks Craig, since you are closer to China than I am, you don't have any friends over there to recommend ?
    Nicolas

Hi,
    the distance from Wellington (capitol of NZ) to Beijing is 10774km.
    The distance from Ottowa to Beijing is 10444km....so in fact you are closer, not by much...but some. You are being fooled by the Mercator projection of a world map.
    It looks at first glance that NZ is closer....but we are in the Southern Hemisphere, and that is by definition a f*****g long way from the Northern Hemisphere!!!

I get my servos from Fast-to-Buy. I have had repeat purchases from this company and have my confidence.

https://www.fasttobuy.com/

Whether they stock what you want is more than I can say.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    the distance from Wellington (capitol of NZ) to Beijing is 10774km.
    The distance from Ottowa to Beijing is 10444km....so in fact you are closer, not by much...but some. You are being fooled by the Mercator projection of a world map.
    It looks at first glance that NZ is closer....but we are in the Southern Hemisphere, and that is by definition a f*****g long way from the Northern Hemisphere!!! I get my servos from Fast-to-Buy. I have had repeat purchases from this company and have my confidence.
    https://www.fasttobuy.com/ Whether they stock what you want is more than I can say.
    Craig
    I thought my geography was pretty good, LOL, but I guess I'm wrong. Thanks Craig now I remember Fasttobuy are pretty good and I bought from them in the past. They are quoting USD 134.00 to ship my 4 axis stepper set (includes all I need) to Canada. I will check now the supplier I know in USA and compare cost
    Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,
    you might be half a world away from China but still in the same half of the globe.

Craig

Never thought about it Craig, actually I thought you were in the same half of the globe!
    Nicolas

Hi,
    geographically speaking the globe is split into the Northern and Southern hemispheres is it not?
    Given that Canada is north of the equator as is China, would you describe that as in the same half?
    New Zealand is very squarely in the southern hemisphere, so most definitely not in the same half.

Politically you might say there is a Western hemisphere and an Eastern hemisphere, and well
    China in in the Eastern hemisphere in a 'galaxy far far away'

Craig

To share my experience, I order from

https://www.ebay.ca/str/stepperonlin...at=39663604012

4 motors, drivers + PSU and just received them today. They were shipped from USA and got them 10 days later. The packaging was first class including users guide inside in English and the whole process from ordering to delivery was among the best. Even after the delivery I got an email saying what to do if I need any further help.

Nicolas
    Nicolas

Forgot to mention the set came with 2 PSU each 48VDC, 7.3A. Why supply 2 PSU instead of 1 48VDC 12A? Is it less expensive or perhaps another reason?
    Nicolas