586,096 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc 20-T

Fanuc 20-T

Hi i have a fanuc 20-T lathe
    I wanted to set a new workpiece zero (G54)."

5. In the window where the WORK SHIFT zero is displayed, tried to enter X200 in MDI mode and press the INPUT button, but a WRITE PROTECT message appeared."

7. Then, I entered G10P0X200 in MDI mode, and the X coordinate changed

9. Then, I wanted to call G55 and entered G10L2P2X210 in MDI mode, but I'm not sure if this code was accepted.

11. Later, I noticed that in MDI mode, I could no longer input anything, and when pressing the start button, a message appeared TOOL ZERO POINT VARIOUS INCORRECT
    Please, help

Re: Fanuc 20-T

Quote Originally Posted by navigatorfan View Post
    Hi i have a fanuc 20-T lathe
    I wanted to set a new workpiece zero (G54)."

5. In the window where the WORK SHIFT zero is displayed, tried to enter X200 in MDI mode and press the INPUT button, but a WRITE PROTECT message appeared."

7. Then, I entered G10P0X200 in MDI mode, and the X coordinate changed

9. Then, I wanted to call G55 and entered G10L2P2X210 in MDI mode, but I'm not sure if this code was accepted.

11. Later, I noticed that in MDI mode, I could no longer input anything, and when pressing the start button, a message appeared TOOL ZERO POINT VARIOUS INCORRECT
    Please, help
    it looks that i activated with G10 some system parameter which is responsible for macro programming and now machine don't understand nothing in MDI mode while i will change it back, but i have no a literature for that.

Hi,

Your G10 L2 P2 is for a mill, not a lathe.
    1st. -- I assume your lathe doesn't have the G54 - G59 otherwise you DON'T use G10, and especially NOT in X, only in Z !!!
    2nd. -- Do you have the OLD X-value for the X-Workshift before you changed it, without that "correct" value all your X-offsets for every single tool are now corrupt/off line.
    3th. -- When you don't have the old X you have to find the center-line for X0 again.

That's why you got a message when you wanted to change that X, you never change that X only when you want to do some alignment of the turret or after a crash.
    On a normal 2-axis lathe even with a C / Y axis you only change the Z-Workshift, .... when you want multiple offsets in Z it can be done with G10 P0 Z---., where the Z (normally) is the distance from home position to the front of the part, it can be a bit different when you have a tool-presetter but I'm assume you'r not a beginner ?!!
    When you do 2 sides of a part in one setup = 2 programs with a flip-over of the part for 2nd operation.
    When you have to move 3mm in Z for 2nd operation you'll get something like G10 P0 Z550. for the Workshifts in program 1 and G10 P0 Z553. for the Z-Workshifts in program 2, btw. you can do all of this in a single program but please be aware of what you are doing.
    Best is to program the G10 P0 Z550. for every tool in program 1 and the other G10 P0 Z553. in program 2, this way you can call each tool safely.
    Be aware that the last G10 call stays active even when you shut down the machine, that's why it is safer to put the G10 on each tool-call.

Regards.

Thanks for your reply!
    I have old X value, but i can't enter it, becauce MDI mode do not work right now.
    And enter value with INPUT button in diferent modes, it writes WRITE PROTECT, even with activated parameter write=1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails write protect.jpg   tool zero point.jpg  

Hi,

Normally when your Memory is write protected you have a (physical) key to put it ON/OFF.
    What happens when you add e.g. 2. or -2. [+INPUT] in Edit or Jog mode to the [ Shift Value ] / picture 1 ???