586,103 active members*
3,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool nose compensation

Hello, need some help! I am programming a V-shape groove on the OD of a part with some radii. Usually i am not using G41/42 for simple parts. This one is a bit more complicated. I am confused. I am programming by hand, controll is Okuma OSP5020L. Tool is a full rad with Walter RCMT120400 Insert. Tried to programm with G41/42 and getting a lot of different alarms. Maybe i dont neet the G41/42 if i put the values in the Tool Nose compensation and using P values? I would use P8 for that application. If using P8, would i 2 tool offsets for left and right side of the tool?

Thanks a lot

Re: Tool nose compensation

Might be easier to program the path that the centre would perform...ie. path is 6mm offset from the part profile
    No need for cutter comp
    No need for P values

Back to your issue... P value might be better using P9 with cutter comp (12mm dia)
    .. also remember
    (If comp remains active)..your retracts & repositions have to be larger than the tip dia, as the tip needs space for movement away from the cut profile.
    ((If comp is cancelled after each pass).. your retracts should be more than the tool radius away from the last cutting pass.