586,096 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need machine with good tool protection function

Need machine with good tool protection function

HELP--Heya,I have some costly tools;gonna cut some very special material!Any advice for any machine with good tool protection function?! Only like to learn from real operators! It is much appreciate.

Re: Need machine with good tool protection function

hello okuma has nice stuff, for lathes and multitasking machines

system is reactive at < 0.1 seconds, with customizations like tool retract, or power failure safe, spindle harmonics, special functions, etc

also matters how much of load is creating the tool, in respect to noncuting conditions: is easy to monitor roughing, while finishing that creates almost noncuting load is a balance between " expensive " and " impossible " / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thanks my friend, which model? Can you provide more information?

Any machine can maintain a good tool life...
    The BIGGEST killer of any & all tools is the programmer, tool setter, or the operator, (they may be the same person).
    Looking after your machine & tools and a genuine desire to output quality parts is the best asset anyone can display.

But...
    Accidents can happen, it can be as simple as not tightening a screw on an insert cutter, to typing in a wrong co-ord system... they occur to the best, but more often to the worst.
    Best thing is to learn and not do it again.

Thanks my friend ... Can you provide more information?
    hello of course i can, but i don't know how relevant it may be to your needs

is not like i don't want to, but, let me give you an example : a client had some needs, thus he allready knew all/most aspect of his production, but wanna to be sure before he bought an okuma machine, so he buy the tools, and rent some time on an okuma, where he tested with the okuma vendor for all his doubts

once all was checked, he decided and got the machine

which model?
    load monitoring is an atribute of the controller, and same controller is shared by different machine types, different configurations

okuma is known for modularity, and other things also

some costly tools;gonna cut some very special material!
    it may only a real test to answer your questions; i don't know

i can tell that i managed to use the okuma load monitor to an extend that includes special tricks, and even if there are also other brands that deliver load monitor, their implementation is not comparable to okuma's aproach

in the end, you may have to consider not only previous cases, but also the potential hazard ( like superman said ), like that of a screw not being well there, a tool poping up, etc, thus there are scenarios that lead to a crash, and is not because of wrong preparation : sh**t happens

as a small conclusion, you may have to bee more specific about your needs, maybe share some previous results, etc / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg