586,077 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > Multicam Restoration - Need Help with Software

Multicam Restoration - Need Help with Software

Hello all, i've purchased a used and abused multicam mg series machine (circa 2004) that was in need of some love. Ive bought with the intention of using the mechanical shell and redoing the controls package to change it to something modern, perhaps Mach3/4. However, after digging through its problems ive gotten the machine moving and running and am now reconsidering the upgrade and letting the native M24-5 control board stay alive.
    Now, with staying on the multicam controls, I have not the slightest clue what software I would need and how I would go about getting it. Id assume I would have the ability to connect via ethernet as it does have a ethernet port on the board - not a clue what the native ip address would be. Secondary I think the RS485 port via a USB converter would be my backup option for connection. Id assume I can export from Vectric to something the multicam can interpret (does this run on GCODE?) and utilize the software from multicam to transfer the file. Is this basis of thought correct?

Anyone able to assist with my problems?

Re: Multicam Restoration - Need Help with Software

Anyone able to help Ive had no luck tracking down the correct software to use for this machine. Please advise!

Re: Multicam Restoration - Need Help with Software

I'm going to look at a MC 1000 machine Teusday. I'll post back what I find.

found this:https://amtcnc.com/downloads/ I think Suite 4 and MultiCam PSS are essentials.