586,100 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Servo in speed/ position mode for lathe.

Servo in speed/ position mode for lathe.

I have just recieved a Chinese spindle in the mail. My lathe retrofit will use this as the spindle motor. I'm using mach 3 and a USB breakout board. The servo drive is a SDF20NK9X, and I am hoping someone can give me some tips on setting this thing up as a spindle motor ( in speed mode) and then switching to position mode with relays to Position mode. The instructions are quite vague. Thank you!

Re: Servo in speed/ position mode for lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by coltac View Post
    I have just recieved a Chinese spindle in the mail. My lathe retrofit will use this as the spindle motor. I'm using mach 3 and a USB breakout board. The servo drive is a SDF20NK9X, and I am hoping someone can give me some tips on setting this thing up as a spindle motor ( in speed mode) and then switching to position mode with relays to Position mode. The instructions are quite vague. Thank you!
    You can find this AC servo driver user manual at below page for your reference.
    https://www.paycnc.com/info/sdfxwe-s...v24_i2652.html

Re: Servo in speed/ position mode for lathe.

Thank you. I might be missing something but I don't see how to change the control mode. Any clue?