586,375 active members*
3,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ethercat and homing issues

Hello
    I have a Clausing Kondia that we have retrofitted with a Leadshine Ehtercat Servo system using Mach4.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get homing switches functional on this thing. I have pulled the homing inputs into each of the Leadshine Servo drives, mapped those inputs, but cannot get anything figured out from there.
    I had originally thought Mach4 would control the homing, however it does not, Mach support has told me that the homing must be done in the motion control.
    I have been through the Leadshine manual many times, however I must be a dummy cause I cannot figure it out.
    The system was purchased from here: https://www.automationtechnologiesin...h4-750w-3-axis

They have not returned phone or emails though for any support.

If anyone can point me in the proper direction I would greatly appreciate it, I’d like to get this paper weigh operational.

I’m going to take an educated guess that the machine is being controlled by kingstar?

Did you set values in the leadshine drivers for the specific inputs? Check the documentation of the leadshines for this. I ended up setting mine to 0 (so no function)

You can open the kingstar control system. Connect the drivers and check the driver to which your limit switches are connected.
    In the SDO tab you can see the inputs and the byte array. When triggering the limit switch take note of which number lights up or dies out depending on if it’s nc/no

When selecting the input in mach4 select the input that matches with the byte offset you saw in the SDO before.

It had me confused as well but the inputs that leadshine names don’t match up with the inputs you need to select in mach4. Same goes for the outputs. Use the byte offsets to assign inputs/outputs

Re: Ethercat and homing issues

Quote Originally Posted by KondiaCNC View Post
    Hello
    I have a Clausing Kondia that we have retrofitted with a Leadshine Ehtercat Servo system using Mach4.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get homing switches functional on this thing. I have pulled the homing inputs into each of the Leadshine Servo drives, mapped those inputs, but cannot get anything figured out from there.
    I had originally thought Mach4 would control the homing, however it does not, Mach support has told me that the homing must be done in the motion control.
    I have been through the Leadshine manual many times, however I must be a dummy cause I cannot figure it out.
    The system was purchased from here: https://www.automationtechnologiesin...h4-750w-3-axis

They have not returned phone or emails though for any support.

If anyone can point me in the proper direction I would greatly appreciate it, I’d like to get this paper weigh operational.
    We didnot get any email or call from you

Pls email or call us, We will help you

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...stepper-driver