586,265 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Re: Hurco bmc 30 Ultimax II problem

You say you had the power part of the spindle repaired. I guess you mean the motor speed controller or VFD (variable frequency drive). In machines that must orient the spindle for the tool change, the VFD has a special added feature that receives information from the encoder. This allows the VFD to stop the spindle in the correct position for aligning with the tool holder. It sounds like this system is not working on your Hurco.
    It could be the encoder is not sending the index pulse, or the VFD is not configured to use the spindle position feature. There may be a set-up configuration option in the VFD that must be set for this to work. Configuring the VFD can be confusing. I hope you have an operator's manual in French!

need help, Chuck parameters on meldas 65

I have a Moriseiki CL2000e machine with control using Meldas65, I want to ask, how do I change the chuck closing time parameter when there is a delay of around 3 seconds, so when I close the chuck the machine cannot be started, so I have to wait around 3 seconds, when the chuckclamp LED lights up , then you can press the start button, can you change the close chuck parameter to reduce the delay?

Re: Hurco bmc 30 Ultimax II problem

Quote Originally Posted by kenmwallace View Post
    You say you had the power part of the spindle repaired. I guess you mean the motor speed controller or VFD (variable frequency drive). In machines that must orient the spindle for the tool change, the VFD has a special added feature that receives information from the encoder. This allows the VFD to stop the spindle in the correct position for aligning with the tool holder. It sounds like this system is not working on your Hurco.
    It could be the encoder is not sending the index pulse, or the VFD is not configured to use the spindle position feature. There may be a set-up configuration option in the VFD that must be set for this to work. Configuring the VFD can be confusing. I hope you have an operator's manual in French!
    Hello, I found the solution I had to adjust the LVL part on the dimmer the cycle is LVL 1 - LVL2 and I had another diode that turned on that I didn't have to. In addition, to adjust the height of the spindle when changing tools, on ULTIMAX 7.24 it cannot be adjusted on the screen. You have to move the SWITCH S1 on the personal card of the machine.