586,441 active members*
6,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > ARDUINO, DM542T and Stepper

Hurco bmc 30 ultimax II problem

Hello, I have a problem with my Hurco bmc 30 ultimax II yaskawa machining center. I had the power part of the spindle dimmer and the Z axis repaired. Manually I arrive with piloting the axes and turning the spindle. In automatic mode when changing the tool at the time of the orientation of the spindle, the machine cuts the power part so it makes it impossible to machine in automatic mode. If you have a track. Thank you very much, from France

ARDUINO, DM542T and Stepper

Howdy All!

I am a newbie and have a DM542T controlling a geared stepper motor (23HS22-2804S-PG47) [link: https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/in...Datasheet.pdf] to spin using an Arduino uno to send a control signal and a direction signal.

My question is: how do I know long to make the duration of the control 5V signal such that the motor achieves a certain revolutions per minute? Is there a specification table for the controller and the motor that I can use to make the calculations?

Also, the controller allows the setting of switches for "pulses per revolution" of the motor. Is this based on user needs to make the motor spin at a certain rate or is there a specification that the motor requires?

Is there a way to set the controller with arduino code to change the pulses per revolution based on my needs?

Thanks
    Doug