586,116 active members*
3,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Wink V21

Hi Guys, we have been testing V21..... AWSOME for speed. this has multithreading and multi CPU support in 64 bit.
    Would you believe savings of over 60% on average for calculation times(not all toolpaths) the R&D team have done really good on this version. I think the UK customers will get it in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by chungpe84s View Post
    I don't believe that this is configurable

think you need to give a little more information, what is not configurable ???

I'm drooling, waiting for V21. I have the 20 11b upgrade and it's giving me a hard time. I'm not a G3 user yet, but soon. Anyone go from Menu to G3? How do you like it? Also, do you use it for 5 axis? How well does it work?

After using the G3 interface from the start of its release, i can say i do not miss the old interface. Grab it by the horns and ONLY use it for a week or so, you wont want to go back.. thats a promise
    PS i first used WorkNc in version 98, no cad and limited shading, still did the job. Same as modern TV and black and white sets, given the choice which one would you choose ?

Yes, I agree, you need to be using the G3 interface right now! I've been using WorkNC since G1 (back in the DOS days) that proceeded the VisuNC that you are used too. It seemed like a big deal then to use the new VisuNC, but it offered so much more to the user. G3 is another quantum leap forward and you are doing yourself a disfavour by sticking with VisuNC.

Just my opinion of course,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

To be fair, I don't like G3 because I don't know where anything is. I know I will like it once I get into it. Everyone I talk to is telling me the same thing you do, as in use it only for a week. I don't have that luxury at the moment because I have the luxury of being busy at work. I am freeing up time now that I have another user under me, taking the load off. We are getting a 5 axis at my shop, and it's going to be my responsibility (sole) to have it produce, and now. So I have got to make it all work, and keep the rest of the mills running as smooth as possible. Soooo with that being said, I hope it's pretty fluid and efficient, since my time will be at a premium.

Also, my apologies for forum etiquette, or the lack of it, I'm getting the hang of it again. I don't mean to be cumbersome. lol.

WorkNC is the Best!!!

Yes, us WorkNC users know that, but we don't usually come right out and say it.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 2 of 2 12