586,075 active members*
4,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Press Brake with Linear Encoders with a Reference Mark: How to wire to Kanalog Board.

Press Brake with Linear Encoders with a Reference Mark: How to wire to Kanalog Board.

Greetings all,

Press Brake with Linear Encoders with a Reference Mark: How to wire to Kanalog Board. I have wire in incremental Encoders before.
    Is there documentation as to how to wire a Quadrature Incremental Encoder with a Ref+ and Ref- also?

Thanks so much!

- Jeff
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Re: Press Brake with Linear Encoders with a Reference Mark: How to wire to Kanalog Bo

Hi Jeff,

Encoder Ref Marks are handled in KFLOP/Kogna Software so can be connected to any available input. Differential signals can be connected to any unused A or B differential encoder input. Normally Kanalog JP2 is available. See Kanalog JP1/JP2 Differential Inputs.

For examples of how to home with index pulses see Axis Homing and Indexing.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Re: Press Brake with Linear Encoders with a Reference Mark: How to wire to Kanalog Bo

Thanks Tom... looks good to me! Will give it a go!!

- Jeff
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Next thing I am wondering?

How can I scale an analog input. The input is 7 to 1907. As wired with a potentiometer. I want that input to be scaled to 0 - 100. How can I do that?
    Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

What is the input used for? That would be (input - 7.0) * 100.0 / (1907.0 - 7.0)
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

I am using 3 different Potentiometers as inputs. I will use 1 analog output to supply the 10vdc to the three pot's.
    Then the first pot. and analog input will be used to scale the dwell time after the bend on the press brake... 1 - 5 seconds.
    Then the second pot will scale an offset to be put into the gain of the axis two. This will be anywhere from 0 - 250 thousands of an inch.
    The third will be used to control the pressure setting of the press at 1 - 100 percent.

I will have a program running on the Kflop. No computer hooked up for running the machine, once dial in.

Thus I need to scale what ever the pot's are reading. I am using 10 turn pot's for accuracy.