I've been using SprutCAM9 since it came out on my CNC knee mill but just had it setup to work good enough and would now like to get everything setup to use with a Fadal and Kitamur Mycenter.

Reading the .pdf instructions in C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 9\Machines I was able to create a new machine file and in the process wiped out all the settings for my knee mill. From what I can tell changing data in the machine's .xml file will set the parameters when you load a machine's .xml file for the first time but when you change machine parameters in SprutCAM if you re-load the machine's .xml file you loose all your settings.

1. Is there a way to backup the machine parameters you set in SPRUTCA? Making changes to the .xml file and then having to re-load the .xml file and restart the program is really cumbersome.

2. The .pdf refereenced says "When a new machine is created it must be defined the ancestor machine (yellow below). Usually the ancestor machine is defined in AbstractMachine.xml." I'm not understanding what this means.

3. There are machine parameters like units (mm vs inch) that I want to set for the machine but I don't know what the variables and syntax is for the .xml file. Does anyone know if this is documented somewhere?

Thanks