586,096 active members*
3,611 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > RhinoCAM Metric Tool Library

RhinoCAM Metric Tool Library

Hi,

Can you share your custom metric tool library, RhinoCAM's library doesn't actually have real metric tools, if I am not wrong? The ones available are mostly imerial tools converted to mm (there is no 6.35 and 19.05 mm standard drill bits).

Re: RhinoCAM Metric Tool Library

You know it's really easy to make your own library, right? It's probably easier than getting someone else's library then having to carefully edit it to suit your inventory of tools, tool number assignments, etc.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    You know it's really easy to make your own library, right? It's probably easier than getting someone else's library then having to carefully edit it to suit your inventory of tools, tool number assignments, etc.
    It is easyer if you have elementary knowledge on subject, and in case that you're not using tools from Aliexpress (I plan to use Chinese metric mills etc). Chinese production don't have precise description usually, so one have to make up lenght of flutes, necks and similar stuff used to build a tool in RhinoCAM. As well I have not s clue about standard dimensions of metrics mills if there is a such.

If you have the tools,it isn't a huge job to measure them and model the result.It gets a little more complicated if you don't have a tool length sensor and need every detail correct for collision avoidance software.

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    If you have the tools,it isn't a huge job to measure them and model the result.It gets a little more complicated if you don't have a tool length sensor and need every detail correct for collision avoidance software.
    I don't have it, and I don't have all the tools I mean to use in programs. That is why I need such a library, isn't it absurd to have all the potential tools that one might use in programs insted to have a proper library?

Quote Originally Posted by tpd123 View Post
    It is easyer if you have elementary knowledge on subject, and in case that you're not using tools from Aliexpress (I plan to use Chinese metric mills etc). Chinese production don't have precise description usually, so one have to make up lenght of flutes, necks and similar stuff used to build a tool in RhinoCAM. As well I have not s clue about standard dimensions of metrics mills if there is a such.
    So what you really want is someone to provide a library with the exact tools you intend to purchase, correct?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

So what you really want is someone to provide a library with the exact tools you intend to purchase, correct?
    Not exactly, just a metric library with the most common tools that I can use for simple programming. Exotic, or missing tools I can add myself later.
    I just don't have much experience with tools, so I spent too much time figuring out which tool could be used for certain operations.
    As well it affects programming, because, without knowing about existing/standard tools, I have to guess can a model be milled if I use some weird radii, dimensions or so.

Its a few years since I used RhinoCAM so I might be wrong but I have a feeling that there may be a tutorial included that would help you.Failing that,look on youtube for guidance as there is a good possibility of something being there.

I can share one of my metric libraries, but unless I'm just not seeing it, I don't see how to upload anything other than an image to this forum.

I can share one of my metric libraries, but unless I'm just not seeing it, I don't see how to upload anything other than an image to this forum.
    Thanks, you can upload it here https://easyupload.io/ so the others can download it as well if they want.