586,075 active members*
4,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 750, error 39-97 Spindle not align.

Arrow 750, error 39-97 Spindle not align.

I have removed wires Ma Mb Mc and the fault light goes away, still have the over-speed on the drive. anyone have wire diagrams? Can hear spindle try to align but no movement.

Attachment 502984Attachment 502986Attachment 502988

Re: Arrow 750, error 39-97 Spindle not align.

...be very careful where and what you're unplugging before knowing. There are some bios battery things going on you don't want to lose. Good Idea to do a backup 1st to things.

good luck,
    DJ

Your pictures show alarms on 2 different drives.
    Spindle drive - use motionlink to find out what is causing the alarm.
    Overspeed on axis drive - this says the motor is running too fast based on the feedback from the resolver/encoder. I should also say I have had several shops tell me they have an overspeed fault only to arrive and find out they are looking at the LEDs from an angle and it is actually the undervolts light that is on which is "normal" when the drive is not enabled.

Not sure if this is what I'm looking for? Running in windows XP on COM1.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240319_151217.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	503208

I don't use that version of motionlink because it is prone to adding garbage messages in the history, but the Err12-Overcurrent should never occur and indicates a short in the motor, wiring or drive.

What version are you using? I can't find a short, would it be an open line?

Hi, I have 5 volts at spindle motor on each line Ma, Mb, Mc, spindle will turn a bit when try to align. After that Fault light will come on. That overspeed error is always on.? Undervolts comes on when starting. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_pigs View Post
    Hi, I have 5 volts at spindle motor on each line Ma, Mb, Mc, spindle will turn a bit when try to align. After that Fault light will come on. That overspeed error is always on.? Undervolts comes on when starting. Thanks for the help.
    If the overspeed light is "always on", I wouldn't expect the machine to even try to start the spindle alignment because if the control sees any drive faulted it should immediately remove power. You should probably start with identifying what is causing that first.

Undervolts is normal on all drives when the control sees any drive faulted because it drops out the drive enable signal, but if one is undervolt and the rest OK, the undervolt drive is probably an issue.

Hi,friends. Linear bearings,shaft holders,couplings,Manual Screw Jacks,Press plates,etc.Please feel free to email me ([email protected] )if you have any items in demand. visit our site at https://www.msmstore.com/

yep, Overspeed is always on, so I think I might be looking for an open wire, or fuse. not sure what wire it is.? Is there a relay in this line?

Hi overspeed is on the 4th axis, the one on top next to beaker, it is not used. BDS4.

Dave, , I would shut down the machine and lock-out the electrical power. Then mark & disconnect the a,b,c (u,w,v) armature wires at the spindle drive.
    1) Use a high quality DMM to Ohm the 3-leads going out of the M-11 Contactor to the spindle. Leg-to-Leg A-b, A-c, B-c. They should all be low-Ohms the same within .1 Ohms.
    a) If different check for loose or broken wires, or go to step 3)
    2) Have someone gently push in the m-11 contactor with a plastic pen and hold it in. Take the same measurement from the wires disconnected at the drive. Results should be the same.
    b) If different check the M-11 contacts for arcing. There are two screws on the front face to take out and remove the cover to inspect the contacts for burning or heavy pitting.
    3) If you have a Meg-Ohm Meter (Insulation Tester) the armature wires can be meggered at 1000V by a trained electrician, from the M-11 contactor as well.
    4) When finished reconnect the 3-wires disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_pigs View Post
    Hi overspeed is on the 4th axis, the one on top next to beaker, it is not used. BDS4.
    It sounds like you are now saying this drive is not used, you have never used it, the overspeed light has been on the entire time you have had the machine, and it didn't prevent the machine from running during that time. If that is the case, why post this as if the overspeed started at the same time as the spindle drive as this will only create confusion.

If the 4th axis is not connected to the drive, the servo drive does not have any feedback from the encoder/resolver so it can not be seeing an actual overspeed condition from the motor. If the 4th axis is disabled properly in the control, it should ignore faults generated by the 4th axis (or sometimes a plug has to be installed to emulate a signal and prevent faults).

So unless this is a new development, Greg is correct and you need to focus on the spindle motor and drive, not the 4th axis.

Hi, So I can not find short or open line. This was working for a few minutes but would freeze on tool change with no error or same error. Suspect drive, is there a way to check with motionlink?