This ancient SL-15 with Fanuc F10T9B controller just stopped working. It was running fine when I left yesterday, but on the night shift it just... stopped, apparently.
To be clear, I'm not a CNC guy. I'm a millwright who has this lathe to make small parts once every few months.
When I arrived it had the parts-counter screen up (I have no idea how to get to it manually and have never intentionally set anything on it before today) and it showed the same number of parts made as the counter was set for. This has never happened before. We have made thousands of small parts on this lathe and have never hit a counter. This was a run of 1,500 parts, but we have done a run of 10,000 parts before.
Since the page was on the screen I tried altering the values to zero to re-set it. It seemed to accept the values that I entered, but after entering the values I couldn't get the screen to go away. I ended up having to turn the controller off and back on again. I re-zeroed the lathe and hit the green button. Nothing. The machine will jog manually and change tools with no trouble. It clamps and unclamps the 3-jaw chuck and the green light is on indicating the chuck is closed.
It won't run on automatic. It was running yesterday.
I tried shutting it down for a longer period, but that didn't help.
I have a full manual set (not cheap!) so I tried looking up the parts counter, but as has been my experience before what little information is in there is of no use on my ancient controller. The manual says the values are on the Settings/Handy screen, but they aren't there for me. The manual says it won't show up unless you're in the right mode, so I tried EDT,MEM,and MDI and in none of those modes do the counter variables show up on the screen.
I am *assuming* that the problem relates to the parts counter, but I don't actually know that to be true.

Any thoughts?