586,103 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal user near Coos Bay, Oregon

Fadal user near Coos Bay, Oregon

Hey Im looking for someone near Coos Bay, Oregon that could meet me and help me edit some G code. Im using Fadal Format 1, G code produced in Mastercam X4 and Edited in Cimco V5. Only drilling and tapping holes in the end of parts too tall to stay under the normal tool change height. Need to raise first tool Z height by 2.5" to clear part moving in for 1st operation. Then need the part to move in X to the right 16" before tool change. After new tool loaded need tool to raise 2.5" higher to clear part, then move part back in X 16" to left. Repeat that cycle for one more tool change and then keep the tool above part while part returns to HO. Maybe this could be done on line?
    I have been using Fadal for 9 years but never ran into this tall a project.
    Thank you in advance for any info

Re: Fadal user near Coos Bay, Oregon

...try moving to and set Z Home (SETH) at Z+2.5 above normal machine zero..or possible (SETZ) command.....I think the machine should remember the TC position. See how the CS functions after you change Z home. IF, I remember correctly the CS makes 2 moves after Start button. One marker alignment then, Start again it moves to set Home position and stops.

DJ

I have resolved my programing problem. I got brave and entered a few commands and the first tool loads and lifts extra high before part locates and part moves 10 inches to the right before tool change and moves back after tool change., Thank you for help

...good to hear. Sometimes have to get a little creative.

DJ