586,100 active members*
2,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > SAME waterjet - anybody had any experience

SAME waterjet - anybody had any experience

We are looking at purchasing a new waterjet and a SAME HJ400 has popped up near us.
    I've been trying to find more information on them, but can't seem to find any reviews either negative or positive which is strange in this day and age, especially for a company that says it has been in business for 20+ years.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand? I would love to hear

Quote Originally Posted by breeharvey View Post
    We are looking at purchasing a new waterjet and a SAME HJ400 has popped up near us.
    I've been trying to find more information on them, but can't seem to find any reviews either negative or positive which is strange in this day and age, especially for a company that says it has been in business for 20+ years.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand? I would love to hear
    Hi there
    I've been around waterjet machines now for over 20 years and I can say that I have never come across one yet so can't comment on the quality of this machine, however I would definitely recommend checking out if there is any technical support readily available for this brand before committing to a purchase.
    Good luck

Re: SAME waterjet - anybody had any experience

So it looks to be Chinese base with a KMT pump. The pumps I have worked on, buying parts and support shouldn't be a issue, its the base I would steer clear of, I'm not a fan of having to stay up till Midnight to talk to support on the other side of the world, not being able to talk to someone and parts availability for the machine isn't going to be NDA. Find a good used machine that is made here you will rest easier