586,196 active members*
4,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Fed up with mach3 and uc100 What other options are there?

Fed up with mach3 and uc100 What other options are there?

Hello all. I have been running mach3 and uc100 sinse 2011. Every single time I need to upgrade a computer the process to get mach3 and uc100 working is horrible. The compatibility issues with win10 and win11 are my breaking point. Now, I currently have mach3 and uc100 running on my inside pc, a NUK running win11pro. It was a huge pain to make it work, and that was about 4 months ago, but it works. Unfortunately, the NUK is our inside pc, and it stays inside the house. So, I have 2 laptops running mach3 and uc100 successfully, but again, however I got them to work, I cannot repeat! These laptops are very old and slow, but both running win10. All I wanted to do was upgrade my cnc computer to a newer faster unit, but now, I absolutely cannot get mach3 and uc100 to work on the new used dell aio that I bought to be the new outside, cnc computer. There should be no difference in setup. The pc will not accept the uc100 drivers. When it does accept them, they are defective. So, at this point, when my very old and slow laptops give out I will have to move the nuk outside and replace the inside pc, at great expense Im sure.

I want to future proof my small manufacturing business. I need numerical control software that is not so cheaply made that it cannot keep up with windows. I need a solution that can be easily set up on a new pc, and just fn work. I am sick to death of the ongoing issues between mach3, uc100 and uc100 drivers. It is a ****ty system, and its getting worse with every windows update.

Seriously. I just did the complete setup on my old laptops about 3 weeks ago, because my old win8 tower died, and I was forced to replace it for cnc work. Now, Yes, I do have the laptops working, but I now have terrible performance in other areas such as general browsing, video editing, and other common computer activities. So, my outside, cnc computers are pretty much just numerical controllers, but very slow for anything else.

Ugh! I know Im complaining and have 3 working setups, its just that they are on computers that will stop being useful for everything else SOON.

Im quite sure many other people have had similar experiences. Im also hoping that there is a more reliable alternative. I cannot be the only person who is unable to procede with mach3 and uc100 into the future.

Re: Fed up with mach3 and uc100 What other options are there?

Hi Gofg - Look at the knighthawk controller - https://www.cnc3d.com.au/nighthawkcnc-controller

I have used uccnc and UC100 for several years with no problems. I think the main issue is Mach3. But the KH has been a breeze to use and I can run it from my phone... I use both the one box KH and I'm about to use the KH card to run some servos or steppers with external drivers... excellent support from cnc3D as they make the stuff and support the stuff... Peter

UCCNC or Mach4 are good options for your UC100. Mach3 has been unsupported for about 8 years now.

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com