586,201 active members*
4,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: A long Shot

Exclamation A long Shot

Hello

I know It may be a log shot however you don't know unless you ask. I have Several Citizen Cincom L20 machines. I am looking for a used Guide bushing Assembly that some one has laying around the would want to sell. I was fortunate enough to find some one to lone me one while ours is getting repaired. However I would like to have an extra one to put on my shelf so if i have to do a rebuild of on in the future Ill have one. I have looked every where and cant seem to find one for sale. I figured I would reach out here and maybe one of you have one laying around you would be willing to part with. Or maybe you have a machine you are cannibalizing and would be willing to sell the Guide bushing assembly out of it.

Like i said I know its probably a long shot, but you never know. If you made it this far thanks for your time reading.

Re: A long Shot

hy, if possible look for air driven guide bush; it has autoclamp, from compressed air

as for repairing yours, if i may, what part damaged, and why ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

BigC48 are you UK based? Have you thought about contacting Citizen Machinery UK in Bushey?

Unfortunately I didn't realize this was a UK based page until after i posted. I'm in the USA. And i cant find any over here in the states.

I didn't realized this was a UK based Forum. Until after I posted. The Guide bushing sleeve is what was damaged unfortunately it was crashed into and caused it to be out of round. Citizen can fix it its just a timely repair 9-10 week lead time to just get part to Citizen in The USA. the what ever the repair time is. Our machines are old L20s(95-96 Models) So I'm not sure the Air drive one would work. Ill look into it though. Thanks for your time its Greatly appreciated.

I can't help with the Citizen part, but wish to point out that CNCZone and Industry Arena forums are not UK based forums, but have members from all over the globe.. There are some "Clubhouse" sub-forums here that focus on issues specific to members in a particular country or USA state, but most sub-forums here are not region or country specific.

Quote Originally Posted by RaderSidetrack View Post
    I can't help with the Citizen part, but wish to point out that CNCZone and Industry Arena forums are not UK based forums, but have members from all over the globe.. There are some "Clubhouse" sub-forums here that focus on issues specific to members in a particular country or USA state, but most sub-forums here are not region or country specific.
    Ok thanks For the Info i just Assumed it was UK based on being asked if i was in the UK. I don't care where i Can find the part at if i can find it. I just know I would like to have an extra one. anyway thinks again for the info and your time.

BigC48 might be an idea to email Citizen Machinery UK as you never know they might have new old stock. They've been around since the 80s that I know of so would have worked on your machine model from the 90s

Hy, i have crafted collets, toolholders, tools, refreshed chucks and so on.

If you wish, i may help with build / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoga View Post
    BigC48 might be an idea to email Citizen Machinery UK as you never know they might have new old stock. They've been around since the 80s that I know of so would have worked on your machine model from the 90s
    yeah I know i can get one manufactured from citizen how ever it is $7000USD i was hoping to find a used one to just have on my shelf. I was fortunate enough to find one in my State that i could borrow until mine is repaired. I just would like to have one on my shelf and my Plant manager isn't wanting to come off the 7k. We where hoping to find a used one. I know the Citizen Machinery state side even looked for one in the UK and there are no new old stock unfortunately. our only option to get another one is have citizen build one of find a used one. Thanks for your Reply .

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    Hy, i have crafted collets, toolholders, tools, refreshed chucks and so on.

If you wish, i may help with build / kindly
    We are having our repaired by citizen just looking for another one to keep on my shelf. Citizen can build a new one for $7000USD I just cant get my plant manager to come of that kind of money for anew one. Was hoping to find a used on some where. Thanks for your reply.