586,234 active members*
3,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y/C-milling with Heidenhain 640

Hi all,

My employer has recently invested in a Ibarmia THC 22 with a Heidenhain 640 controller, this specific machine has a C-axis in the table and a B-axis in the head.

I'm normally used program Siemens 840D so this Heidenhain is giving me some challenges, at the moment so are I'm struggling to mill a regular 2D contour that is bigger than the Y-axis travel so I need to interpolate the Y-axis with the C-axis. I have done this earlier on Siemens 840D with the function TRANSMIT, the function makes it possible to program as regular with cartesian coordinates but the machine will utilize the Y(or X) and C-axis instead. I also think that Fanuc has a similar function but I'm not able to find anything in the Heidenhain controller. Are any of you aware of of a similar function in Heidenhain? Or do you have some other tips to come with?

I have looked through all of the documentation and searched the webb but with out any luck.
    I really wound like to be able to program with cartesian coordinates and let the machine take care of the rest.

Hello i recently did some c axis turning, both spindles sync, y variable, +xcz on okuma.

If you wish, i may try to help with generics, as long as you handle the g-code particularities for heidenhain / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg