586,500 active members*
1,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Panasonic A4 Minas Servo Drive Error 22

Panasonic A4 Minas Servo Drive Error 22

Hello Everybody. Having an issue on a Summit lathe smartcut with Fagor control to Panasonic servo drives. On Startup the error code 22 flashes on the drive itself which does relay the signal to the cnc until all internal servo functions are ready. Replaced the drive and motor/encoder without success. The panasonic guide does not list error 22. I have reached out to many OEM and even Panasonic.
    The Error 22 comes on at startup during the "self diagnostic" routine in all scenarios. I have removed the motor, replaced cables, isolated the power, bench startup, alarm clear reset but it will not clear.

Any help would be appreciated of exactly what Error 22 is.

I know the drive is antiquated, however it was replaced with the same results. I even swapped the power from the z axis (which is a bigger drive and motor) to isolate voltage.

The troubleshooting guide goes to error 21, skip 22, and then continues from 23 and on.

Just my luck! But I cant be the only one that has seen this error?

Cheers

Re: Panasonic A4 Minas Servo Drive Error 22

Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm1414 View Post
    Hello Everybody. Having an issue on a Summit lathe smartcut with Fagor control to Panasonic servo drives. On Startup the error code 22 flashes on the drive itself which does relay the signal to the cnc until all internal servo functions are ready. Replaced the drive and motor/encoder without success. The panasonic guide does not list error 22. I have reached out to many OEM and even Panasonic.
    The Error 22 comes on at startup during the "self diagnostic" routine in all scenarios. I have removed the motor, replaced cables, isolated the power, bench startup, alarm clear reset but it will not clear.

Any help would be appreciated of exactly what Error 22 is.

I know the drive is antiquated, however it was replaced with the same results. I even swapped the power from the z axis (which is a bigger drive and motor) to isolate voltage.

The troubleshooting guide goes to error 21, skip 22, and then continues from 23 and on.

Just my luck! But I cant be the only one that has seen this error?

Cheers

Error 22 is an encoder error. This can be caused by poor encoder connections or ban encoders or RFI noise AC power or spindle cables to close to encoder cables

Russ

That was the thought considering the genre of faults in the 20's. However exact error 22 is not listed in the manual. I did purchase a new motor and new cables and isolated them with the same results. With your recommendation I will try a few more checks. Thanks for the feedback - no pun intended...lol

Have you seen this problem? I also looked at the recommendation for clean power and line noise / reactors and this circuit does not have it. I am perplexed as to why the "other" slightly bigger drive works?

This was the reply from panasonic

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Panasonic. The part numbers provided in this inquiry seems to belong to the Minas A4 series. They have been discontinued and replaced with the Minas A6 series. As for the Error 22 code, within the manual, it states that any number not listed possibly means a failure in the setup itself.

You can do a simple test to determine the error 22. Simply use a good servo attached to the servo amp. When it powers up the display on the amp should not show any errors. Now you can power down the amp and unplug the encoder tied to that servo amp. Now power the amp back up and you will see error 22 on the display. Look in the manuals for a MSMD021 driver for example and look under errors and you will find error 22.

Russ