586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

okuma oduma--

i have been kicked off my 3thd shift of fadals mazaks hass chavalers to run a da- okuma man where are the programming format books this machine is bull**** not user prorammable mnemonic code what the hell is this format user task is a bunch of shi-:withstupi

Nicely put. You should have been a technical writer, instead of a prorammer.

put,
    What do you need help with? I was born Fanuc, and after almost 10 years of nothing else, I came to OSP land. I have been on OSP controls for over 7 years now, and you can do some pretty cool things, just have to think a little different. I would be more than happy to help, if I can.

Well said slave... I'll be willing to help as well.

Oh, and by the way... Take the mans money do the mans job... don't B*tch about it, just learn it. You might find this site useful as you're working your way through the transition: http://www.countyhistory.com/rbcreat...perations.html

Good Luck,
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Hey PUT,
    So you think you are so hot with all the other machine tool controllers?
    Well guess what? There are a lot of people around that would be only too glad to help with genuine questions and civil statements!
    The Okuma system is actually a very friendly system and is also very powerful to boot!
    So you don't have a manual to hand, well why don't you ask a civil question and you might get a surprise with the help you can get!
    Go on... ask away.
    Brian.

Hey jarwalcot, I checked out that site. Wish I could come up with that kind of info for an Ocuma with Fanuc(18T) controls.

ok i might have been a little harsh, after a few days its not that bad, i was a little peved and scared of crashing. osp do have some nice stuff (mdi)g56h1 and gives distance from 0, omit on bolt holes are nice but h for tool hight and work offset wow, and once again sorry so uncivil just peved and yeh i am smoken on most fanuc based machines but osp might make me faster
    peace out
    bryan

dude is the name like jabberwaike the poem any who your okuma lathe info is good/great butt how bot osp7000m and i see your name every were every were you are the man for now thanks for your reply

all rite broby on a pmilr on a bolt circle i have to give it a coordnate for every hole on a 16 holes (.mazak one dim for hole size # of holes ).fanuc osp xy(rij) for each hole

are you trying to mill a series of pockets located on a BHC pattern?
    Personally have never tried to do it this way. But always willing to learn different ways of programming something such as this.
    Mind you, just reading up the manual for PMILR, seems to indicate it will mill a pocket aligned with XY, not rotated... if you know how to make this a rotated pocket, I would be most impressed! Can you post a copy of the section of program you are looking at and I will have a look for you.
    Brian.

put,
    Do you want pocket milling (PMILR) or to put in a bolt hole circle(BHC)?
    You CAN do anything, if you REALLY want to, but how many people really want to?
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by slavetothemetal View Post
    put,
    What do you need help with? I was born Fanuc, and after almost 10 years of nothing else, I came to OSP land. I have been on OSP controls for over 7 years now, and you can do some pretty cool things, just have to think a little different. I would be more than happy to help, if I can.
    i too did my time on fanucs (and mazaks), after two years of okuma im hooked.
    On the other hand, You have different fingers.

Put,

Contact your local Okuma dealer and order an "Operator Pocket Book or Guide"... It has tons of data in it... As for the OSP-7000M... Depending on the year, you should be able to find most of the programming info right on the machine. While in MacMan - Operator - Help (I think)... Type in the M or G code and hit write. It should pull up the data and examples on how to use it...

Howd, shoot me a "PM". I may have something for you.

Have a safe and joyful holiday,
    JR Walcott

jarwalcot- - -- - what's a "PM" ?

PM = Private Message.
    Click on the persons name at the start of the message and select "Send a private message to..."

You tell'em broby!
    JR Walcott

Check that... Howd, here's the file I was talking about: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...4&d=1157050459
    JR Walcott

Just trying to be helpfull!
    Took me awhile to figure out what everyone was going on about with the term PM!

No problem!

That was just a poor attempt at trying to be funny!

:-)~
    JR Walcott

IMAP isn't great for programming Okuma mills unless you're doing the most mundane and simplest of tasks. It's good for making bolt hole patterns and simple fixtures, that's about it. Get a CAM system and join us in the 21st century. Just kidding, but you really should be using an offline system for mill programming.

Cheers,
    Brian