586,377 active members*
2,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Planet CNC ATC Script

Hello. Is there someone who can help me with Carousel type ATC. Ive been struggling along for weeks with this. I have fitted a carousel type ATC to my mill running Mk3/9
    The corousel is driven by servo motor.
    If im correct in my thinking, once the carousel is homed and at position 1, the rest of the tools will be at a certain degree of rotation of the carousel? So for a 12 position carousel that would be every 30 degrees? Sounds pretty straight forward unless im over simplifying this? If this is indeed the case, what im having an issue with is in the tool table theres only options to assign XYZ to the tool. No option for rotary axis in degrees? Ive searched the internet for weeks and find very little info on planet cnc with carousel. Found a video with a geneva drive (not rotary) and a video in German which ive looked at over and over and cant make sense of. If there someone who can shed some light id be truly grateful

Thank you in advance

Re: Planet CNC ATC Script

You cam modify M6 script to add carousel rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by impi62 View Post
    Hello. Is there someone who can help me with Carousel type ATC. Ive been struggling along for weeks with this. I have fitted a carousel type ATC to my mill running Mk3/9
    The corousel is driven by servo motor.
    If im correct in my thinking, once the carousel is homed and at position 1, the rest of the tools will be at a certain degree of rotation of the carousel? So for a 12 position carousel that would be every 30 degrees? Sounds pretty straight forward unless im over simplifying this? If this is indeed the case, what im having an issue with is in the tool table theres only options to assign XYZ to the tool. No option for rotary axis in degrees? Ive searched the internet for weeks and find very little info on planet cnc with carousel. Found a video with a geneva drive (not rotary) and a video in German which ive looked at over and over and cant make sense of. If there someone who can shed some light id be truly grateful

Thank you in advance
    Which controller you using ??? explain me everything at [email protected]

Thank you. Yes i figured that, but dont know how to modify script. Thats exactly what i need help with. Maybe if i can see a working M6 script with carousel so i can get an idea to modify for my use....
    When i look at default M6 script i dont see anything about carousel