586,106 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > #251 Data Structure Error While In D.N.C.

#251 Data Structure Error While In D.N.C.

At where I work,we have a Haas VF-6 which is 4 yrs. old.When machining molds with very long programs we use the software "Multi-D.N.C." to drip feed the program to the machine.After running X amount of hours the machine sometimes stops with the #251 Data Structure Error alarm. We rerun the same program and the machine runs to the end of the program. We Have worked with Haas and have replaced the RS232 cable,replaced our ground wire,and have installed a line reactor to help keep flow of voltage to the machine more stable.Although doing this has helped,it has not eliminated our problem.Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

How long are the cables and what is the baus rate?
    I'm sure Gar will be along in a moment

The cable is aprox. 50 ft.long. The Baud rate is set at 19200.
    Another bit of info.
    We also have another VF-6 which is 11 yrs.old that is farther away from the computer
    we are D.N.C.ing from and this machine has never alarmed out w/this error

071116-1950EST USA

BrianS.:

Your 11 year old machine may have brush type DC servos. The brush type DC servos generate less electrical noise than the brushless type.

Take a battery powered laptop computer with no AC connection and running on batteries to the machine and use a short 6 to 10 ft cable and run your drip feed test. If this solves the problem then I suspect ground path noise. If this is the problem, then our I232 Isolator System will probably solve your problem and allow you to work at 115.2 kbaud and at much greater distances than you specified. See my web site www.beta-a2.com .

071116-2039 EST USA

At this moment 8:39 PM 14 Nov 07 both beta-a2.com and yogaware.com are down while beta-aa.com was functioning. All these are at IC.NET but apparently on different servers. So if beta-a2.com does not work now try later.

Gar,

I still cannot get to the web site www.beta-a2.com.
    Could you please quote me the price of a I232 Isolator System,
    so I can speak to my employer of the cost of this system. Thanks

071121-1140 EST USA

Brian:

I have just come from IC.NET where we directly load my site back into their server. Actually a new server. In the process of moving from one server to another it involved a change of the site IP address. Checking the reloaded sites at IC.NET's office everything worked. When I got back to may computer I could not access the site. This probably relates to a DNS resolution problem.

For your information DNS is: (from Wikipedia)
    On the Internet, the Domain Name Server (DNS) associates various sorts of information with so-called domain names; most importantly, it serves as the "phone book" for the Internet by translating human-readable computer hostnames, e.g. en.wikipedia.org, into the IP addresses, e.g. 66.230.200.100, that networking equipment needs to deliver information. It also stores other information such as the list of mail exchange servers that accept email for a given domain. In providing a worldwide keyword-based redirection service, the Domain Name Server is an essential component of contemporary Internet use.
    There are many locations on the Internet where this information is stored, and these get updated at various times.

071121-1152 EST USA

Brian:

Have you tried the laptop experiment I suggested?

My guess is that you have ground path noise caused by the brushless servos in the newer machine.

However, there might be a remote possibility that Windows, Multi-D.N.C.. or HAAS other than brushless noise problems is the problem. With such a low probability of error it is hard to troubleshoot.

Since I do known that the brushless systems are noisy I put a higher probability on this as the cause, and therefore that our I232 Isolator could solve your problem.

Call me if you want 734-930-6136 .

071121-1220 EST USA

It now appears that my sites are accessable thru several different paths to the Internet.