586,094 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

B axis for horizontal mill OM

hi
    i have a horizontal milling machine FANUC controller OM with rotary table
    the table is B axis but the G code 107 for cylendrical interpolation is not working, because it's optional and the manufacturer disable it from the controller.
    the table is rotating just to a certain angle as the operator specifys in the program, i mean the table is not continously rotating to make a cylendrical interpolation operation ,
    so i am thinking if there are any way to adjust the table movement, maybe change some parameters or do some mechanical adjustments or both.
    the point is i want the G CODE 107 WORKING.
    note: when i write a G107 in a program, alarm occurs says G code not supported
    are there any way to make G107 works ?
    thank you,

The machine probably doesn't have the option.It is called a "full 4th axis"'what you have is a 1 degree 4th axis.Can you rotate the table with the pulse generator or do you have to use mdi?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rharter52 View Post
    The machine probably doesn't have the option.It is called a "full 4th axis"'what you have is a 1 degree 4th axis.Can you rotate the table with the pulse generator or do you have to use mdi?
    i can rotate the table with MDI or in program, i didn't understand what you mean to rotate the table with the pulse generator ???
    thnx

pulse generators and handle are the same thing.I have 3 horizontals,one is a mori-seiki sh-50 with a fanuc 18.It has a 1 degree table and cannot be rotated with the handle.I also have 2 matsuura hplus 300 with fanuc 30i control.they have a full 4th axis,i can rotate the table by using the handle.that is a simple way of checking to see if you have a full 4th axis.I would never buy another machine without that option.believe me it is worth the 20 or 30 thousand dollars extra.

Re: B axis for horizontal mill OM

Hi my name is Zoran i need post for B axis for horizontal mill OM. Do you giv me you post pls . I have problem, in work. Tnx