586,114 active members*
3,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Wanna see a fast bike? (0 to 60 in 0.97sec)

Wanna see a fast bike? (0 to 60 in 0.97sec)

_
    400hp electric bike. Apparently the guy took his ride out for a spin and his throttle jammed

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113

ouch
    0 to 60 in 0.97sec is clearly quicker than his flex reaction to hit the kill switch

that is quite the machine

That ***** was movin !!!

Throttle control is important.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

so are neck braises

Only a fool would ride that machine.

I want one.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

I think that minivan saved his life, If he kept going a little further he would have been crossing at least 4 lanes of heavy traffic, he could have been bouncing around like a pinball...

D%@# MINIVAN, Who parked in my way!!

A brain bucket might have hurt a little less?

The first day I owned a motorcycle, I learned about the finer points of road conditions. Turned sharp, but at slow speed on a gravel road. Once I got the bike back up, I realized I had a lot to learn about bikes.
    Especially burnouts are better left to the pro's. 400 hp on a big slick with a tiny front tire and probably undersized brake as well? Tsk Tsk. Asking for trouble.
    It needs a kill switch like on a wave runner. Keep it on a chain around your neck or arm or leg and if it's pulled out, it kills the power. I bet he designs something like that in there.

Oh yeah, that gravel road just happened to be at a Drag strip.
    Lee

MORON!!!!!!!!!! Ever heard of a helmet????? Notice that he said he was not the driver. Serves him right.

Man that had to hurt.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'm pretty sure he showed the kill switch in his hand before the ride, and if you look on his right wrist while he is on the ground you will see it attached to his wrist. The problem is/was not the switch, but reaction time!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    The first day I owned a motorcycle, I learned about the finer points of road conditions. Turned sharp, but at slow speed on a gravel road. Once I got the bike back up, I realized I had a lot to learn about bikes.
    Especially burnouts are better left to the pro's. 400 hp on a big slick with a tiny front tire and probably undersized brake as well? Tsk Tsk. Asking for trouble.
    It needs a kill switch like on a wave runner. Keep it on a chain around your neck or arm or leg and if it's pulled out, it kills the power. I bet he designs something like that in there.

Oh yeah, that gravel road just happened to be at a Drag strip.
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Yeah, that type of kill switch is made to keep the bike from disecting the rider, spinning wheels, chains, exhaust... (After) they wipe out. It should be re-named to "Please don't let this thing Kill me Switch".

I had one on my atv (banshee).

You know... I could have swore I saw a guy (sponsor) over at the bike after the crash, rubbing the decals off the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post

I had one on my atv (banshee).

banshee , now theres a beast
    i always wanted one of those babies but since my last crash ive decided that i can t afford to break myself up anymore , friends say just ride civilized , ya like that would ever happen

Brave man.

Seriously bonkers not to wear "bone dome" though.

Martin

Now here's the funny part. One of the comments under the video reads: "That's the son of a *#$%& that hit my minivan!"

Fasten your seat belts everybody

_
    Same bike, different driver: