586,102 active members*
2,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > frustration....plasma cuts off during cuts any ideas?

frustration....plasma cuts off during cuts any ideas?

Hi Everyone,

I have had a dyna cnc table with mach3 controller up and running for about 4 months. Hi have a thermal dynamics 101. Recently while cutting the torch will shut off. At first it was once in a while, now it will only cut about 2-3 inches and shut off. it is worse on thinner material. Any thoughts? I am sure it is the plasma cutter. I have changed all consumables, checked for water in lines, checked pressure and adjusted amperage settings like a villian but it still is continuing to do it.

the operation manual and the maintainence manual both point to overheating, but it will do it just 30 seconds into being turned on. The fan is working and the kicker is that I can use the hand torch without a single problem....

Do y'all have any thoughts?

I know you checked for pressure, but it could be that your losing pressure while cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by gpnjuice View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Recently while cutting the torch will shut off. At first it was once in a while, now it will only cut about 2-3 inches and shut off. it is worse on thinner material. Any thoughts?
    It might be a bad ground if the work clamp is not attached directly to the workpiece.

The thinner material is often too light weight to pick up proper grounding from the support slats.