587,501 active members*
2,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

heidenhain tnc 2500

can anybody tell me how to test a bosh drive to find out if it is bad. Possibly isolate it from the other drives to find out which one may be bad. When I try to home my axes' I get an axes drive fault.

thank you.

re

swap from one axis to another and see if the error follows

Quote Originally Posted by blackpalm View Post
    can anybody tell me how to test a bosh drive to find out if it is bad. Possibly isolate it from the other drives to find out which one may be bad. When I try to home my axes' I get an axes drive fault.

thank you.
    Are you running your machine with a phase converter ?

I am using a rotary phase converter. I switched drives for X & Y and have the same fault message

This may sound like a dumb question but are you turning on your phase converter before switching on the machines main power switch?

I leave the phase converter on all the time

What type of machine is it ? Have you tried pushing on the limit switches with your fingers ? I had to do that with mine a few times. one was a little sticky, gummed up from the coolant.

I have an bp series 11 interact 11 and I checked all the limit switches. They are all working properly. I found out last night that my bridge rectifier is reading 58 volts on the dc side and 30 volts on the ac side. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I can not help you with that.
    Hope you figure it out soon.

I have my unregulated voltage figured out. I still don't show any dc voltage at terminals c & d on the bosch drives. Can anybody out there help?

can anybody tell me what would happen if I went into parameter 531210 and erased all memory and then re-installed my parameters? I am wondering if I may have a corrupted file

re

If you have your parameters saved you can clear everything. It will come back up in German so find the language parameter first.

Does the 2500 have a separate PLC program that you can erase? If so be careful

This isn't a PC, you don't get corrupted files.

Why don't you tell us what is going on.

Tell us everything

when I first power up it goes thru the test procedure and gives me "power interupted" I hit CE and it gives me pass over z,y,& x reference marks. I hit power enable and cr1 & cr10 engage and I get the message "axiz drive fault".
    None of the axis will home. If I go into parameters and change #10 from 7 to 0 and then go into manual mode I try to start the spindle with the 03 or 04 command and cr08 engages but the spindle won't turn. it acts like the brake is on and holding it but it isn't. After about 10 seconds cr08 releases and the word "stop" flashes on the screen. I think I have covered every thing.

Well, my first instinct is to believe the control, there is an axis drive fault.

Figure out how it knows that. A wiring diagram will tell you what lines are running to and from the drive. If the relay is engaging and holding then you should see if all three have leds lit up. If one or all drives aren't, well there you go.

if you have lost parameters perhaps there is an error there, like 'inhibited axis' is not set to ignore IV

I don't know the parameter list for the 2500 but I am assuming the one you are changing is the referencing order and on the 151 for instance that is set to 12 on my machine, so it starts with Z and IV is the last

I didn't lose my parameters. the problem started with a low lube oil fault. I added oil to the reservoir and cleared the fault and the machine has not worked since. the led's light up on all three axis so I am open to any and all ideas. the axis fault should not keep the spindle from operating in manual. also the joy sticks don,t operate and neither does the hand wheel.

I would chase that lube fault circuit. Open or close the wiring to that switch and then the relay that it leads to. I have seen contacts on a relay go when they are popped under load.

I went thru the lube fault circuit to no avail. Any other ideas Gus?

Well, you either have a bad drive, a bad drive enable, or the machines thinks it has a bad drive enable.

It sure sounds like there is a break in the 24v somewhere.

Didn't Dirky just find a burned fuse in his [older] control?

I guess I would look there in addition to the checking of every single place where there ought to be 24v. Mostly you will find a few places on the control that are looking for 24v, and you will not have it at one or more, the hard part is the backtracing

would anybody have a service manual or cd for the tnc 2500 control. heidenhain has it as a password only product for specially traned personel. I live to far out for anybody to even look at my mill.

Here is the link where you can download the manuals.

http://filebase.heidenhain.de/doku/o...D4/N142D4.html

Page 1 of 2 12