586,103 active members*
3,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SX3 -- Can't get the bed to slide off~~

SX3 -- Can't get the bed to slide off~~

Hello~

I just got my mill early last week... I haven't had much time until now to start cleaning it..

So, I downloaded the "Introduction_to_your_machine.pdf"... and followed the instructions... upto page 3... "Using your superhuman strenght..."

The motor mounting plate won't slide away from the bed... The dowel pins must be in too tight... When I pull on the table, the stepper and screw spins...

If remove the stepper and then the bearing... I don't think it will slide off to the left as it will catch on the bottom... And it wornt slide of the to the left... I guess my only choice is to release the preload on the bearing and then slide the table off the right side...

Any suggestions ??

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael,
    I think it would be better to try and pry off the motor mtg. plate than to remove the table by other means. Even if the dowels are tight I would think the plate could be pried off begining with a very thin wedge like a sturdy putty knife and then proceed with something thicker and even a pry bar until it comes off the dowel pins. Just an idea, and I hope you are able to remove it and finish the clean-up process without too much extra effort.
    Best regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

Good idea!

I have a couple of putty knifes handy, so I'll give that a try ...

I already spayed some wd40 on it last week... but there isn't even a hair betwen the two pieces... not sure if a putty knife will even get in there...

thanks,
    Michael

Woot~~

That worked great, thanks!

My drywall knife isn't much good for drywall anymore.... it chipped a bit, will have to grind it...

I had to do both the X and the Y like that...

Now to do the spindle mod, I think I might need a puller to get that small sproket off...

Thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by krazatchu View Post
    "Using your superhuman strenght..."
    I ended up using a loooong punch under the table to tap it off. I have not changed gears on my spindle yet so let us know how that goes.

Hey~~ the pulley change went without a problem... the pulley slid off with a tiny bit of prying ...

The bolt that was in the bag with the spacers for the new pulley was much too long, so I used the original spacer and philips screw...

Thanks