I posted this over at the BobCad support forum, but I thought I would throw this out here too as this place seems a little more active.

I have a Mill (Droop & Rein) with a Fidia M Class controller that has a few quirks.

1) The feed, when in inch mode, is in 100ths of an inch, no decimal. e.g. 100 is 1 inch. So I need to multiply the feed rates times 100 to get the right feed. I thought I could use the Feed rate scale factor in the cutting conditions section of the mill post editor, but it does not work!

In the actual post file, here is the line that I had thought would serve my purposes.

217. Scale factor for feedrate? 100

No matter what you set the #217 to, it has no effect on the output of the post.

2) As stated above, the feed rate is not supposed to have a decimal. The controller happily balks on any feed rates that do. However, it needs a decimal all of the time for position values. X0 Y0 is incorrect while X0. Y0. is correct. How do I turn the decimal off for the feed rates and not for the position values?

3) The tool setup is a little weird. You set the tool lengths up in the controller interface. Tool #1, 2.500, Tool #2, 2.750, etc... But you refer to them in the G-code as T11 for tool #1 and T12 for tool #2. No spaces. I need to define a custom tool prefix of T1 but I cannot find where to set it. And if I try to output the tool number without a prefix and use my own prefix in the post, it always puts a space after the prefix.

e.g.

n_forced, "T1", force_no_add_spaces, t_offset, default_add_spaces

yields

T1 1

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Steve