586,655 active members*
3,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machine's DOWN any ideas

I have a Cinci Arrow 500 with the Acromatic 2100 controller. Well my world came to a stop about 5:00pm yesterday (SATURDAY) as the machine faulted out. Said, I THINK, "link between the pendant and controller lost"? That has happened before a few times. So shut down, but won't start back up. Screen won't turn on? "M11" breaker is trip as soon as power comes on? IS THIS RIGHT? The command responses were a little sluggish as well just before this. It would take a few second to go from screen to screen or to input what was key-ed in.

I'm just wondering if the hard drive crashed? Damn, things after a year hand a half were just starting to pick up(chair).

Any info would be a help. Thanks John

Unfortunately your HD might be dead. Ours was starting to act up a few months ago doing the same thing (sluggish control responses) fortunately we caught it in time and were able to copy the hard drive. The pendant link alarm is odd, usually one of the connectors inside the pendant comes loose and you'll get this alarm, this might be a secondary problem. Not sure what the M11 breaker is for.

So when you turn on the machine you get nothing on the screen at all? Seems odd, since you should see the bios screen at least, followed by a "no operating system" or similar message.

If you dont see anything on the screen at all, than you might have other problems.

Well, I'm back up and running. IT WAS A 5 AMP FUSE??? Replaced a 5 amp fuse, back working. BUT screen on pendant is out, but everything is back up and running. Just a note in my first post on this, I stated that the "M11" breaker was tripped, WELL IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN. It's the "M20" breaker that wasn't in, therefore no power.

Thanks, John:rainfro:

You should open the pendant and look for any loose connections. Might explain your pendant alarms you've been getting and the pendant screen being out. Another piece of advice that may save your butt in the future is to make a copy of you HD while everything is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsie Machine View Post
    Well, I'm back up and running. IT WAS A 5 AMP FUSE??? Replaced a 5 amp fuse, back working. BUT screen on pendant is out, but everything is back up and running. Just a note in my first post on this, I stated that the "M11" breaker was tripped, WELL IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN. It's the "M20" breaker that wasn't in, therefore no power.

Thanks, John:rainfro:
    The guy above said they caught the problem before the HDD died and they copied it.

You dodged a bullet If I were you, I'd copy that hard drive for the next time it happens and it IS the hard drive

Glad to hear you're back up and running again!

Well, I bought this machine used back in Sept. of 2005. When I bought it, I got 2 HD with it, and the service guy said they were already to go, so I presume they are copied? I HOPE.

I'm too busy right now to stop, but I'm getting the service guy into to go over the whole machine in the next couple of weeks. IF the drives are not copied, I will do them then. BUT I still have no screen on the pendant. I had the pendant apart, and couldn't see anything loose, but you never know, I'm planning on just replacing the whole cord in the first part of 2008. I have NEVER moved the pendant since I got this machine? I just leave it in it's holder and play with it from there.

There is plenty of things on the controller I need help with, as I just use what I need and never got into the other area's. Like using a couple different fixture or pallet offsets? I use G92.1 and set X, Y, Z from there. I have never used anything other then that. Just don't know what to do with it. I can't afford the down time IF something goes wrong.

Thanks for the heads up and help. John

If you have an edgefinder, the "Setup" screen is pretty useful for setting X,Y,Z's.

As for the pendant, there is a small adjustment screw on the side of it that controls the contrast for the pendant. It's worth a shot to turn it back and forth - you might get lucky.

We've had pretty good luck with our machine. I find the controller very powerful, and not too hard to get the hang of. Dont be too intimidated by it

Good luck

Laka, I was playing with that screw on the pendant when I took the pendant apart. Will try it Monday to see.

I would like to use 2 vices or something and have a couple of offsets. I'm used to Fadal with H1 and H2. I will tell you there is a ton of stuff in that controller and I'm a little scared to mess with too much and not get back to when I'm at now.

THanks for the help. John:rainfro:

Well, that screw was turned so the pendant is now working. FYI:rainfro:

Good stuff